PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
JackKnife Plug in a Rossi Mezzanotte. @Tate reminded me of this blend in a recent post. Today was Christmas at my parents. It was a good time, but we are all tired and they buy way too many presents for the grandkids. I now have to find a place for everything! View attachment 272901
Heck yeah! Now I really got to crack that tin!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Fine looking bird dog, How is that blend? its been one I’ve been wanting to get my hands on and try
Thanks! It’s a pretty mild aromatic - puts me in mind of some holiday, sweet aros that some put out and I can’t honestly say this is better - pretty much chased the tin art and name, lol. The “Beagle” , however, is a McClelland-y Va - the Pointer and Labrador are pretty light, sweet blends and I like them but I can’t claim I can ferret out anything “deep”.

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
JackKnife is a blend that I thought was kind of "meh" out of the tin. I revisited a few months later and found it to be awesome. I cut up the whole plug when I opened the tin and jarred it.
I'm probably going to do that after a couple test cuts to get a good consistency. I think I want to get another tin too just to side by side I because this one is from March of 2019! The top and bottom are both no longer flat hahaha!

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
I'm probably going to do that after a couple test cuts to get a good consistency. I think I want to get another tin too just to side by side I because this one is from March of 2019! The top and bottom are both no longer flat hahaha!
Mine was from '21. Don't be surprised to find a good bit of plume on it. The DFK really woke up after 3 months in a jar.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Now, I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

zedman05

Lurker
Jan 21, 2017
Alberta
Tonights Delight

‘08 Blackpoint. Mustran for the win. It is growing on me quickly; both tobacco and pipe.
Bought some new tobacco to test out, since I haven’t bought anything new since ‘11. Gotta get that palate narrowed down on likes/dislikes. I can give a breakdown of almost all cigar leaves I like/dislike, but now to get on the pipe-train.

Status
Not open for further replies.