PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
A miserly measure of Sam's Flake loaded into the little clay, with morning coffee.
View attachment 272725
@Scottmi Nice pipe & good tobacco choice; Gawith baccy is MADE for clays:) Good to see we're both keeping the centuries old "Gawith tobacco in a clay pipe" tradition going strong in 2023; I'll be smoking some Gawith in my clay when I go to the Sealed Knot Battle of Nantwich (weather permitting):
See if you can spot the clay in this Sealed Knot promotional film:
Not me:) I wonder which baccy he's smoking? I bet it smells good; I can almost smell the clay pipe smoke:)
I had a memorable pint and a clay with one of the Sealed Knot Re-enactors at the Red Cow beer garden in Nantwich; I was smoking C&D Winchester in my Hardcastle clay (before I broke it) & then GH twist in an Old Dominion Jamestowne, with the church bells in the distance; it was like 1644 (except we'd have been in the pub then as it was before the smoking ban:)); I need to remember the good times before I broke my clay tapping the ash out:-( The Sealed Knot re-enactor I was with showed me the correct way of tapping the ash out of a clay pipe, by tapping it GENTLY against the back of my hand...

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Smoking now a selfmade "blend" which I call "Käpt'n Barsdorf's Toscanello Bester" because it consists of:
- Käpt'n Barsdorf's Bester Virginia (from the grey colored tube) pipe tobacco
- Toscanello Nero (chocolate flovored) cigarillos, chopped and rubbed.

"And how do you like this creation of yours?", I hear myself asking...me.
"Well, actually I like it very much my good man, thank you", I hear me responding to... myself.
Note: please, don't tell any "Psy" doctor about this dialogue of mine, good people!
In a Pipex pipe.

View attachment 272833
I'll be talking to myself a lot today - glad to know I'm not nuts (or am I?)!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Hey @jpmcwjr unlocked the How To Get a Thread Locked thread! Irony is alive and well, it turns out.

It's been a gradual recovery from this damned respiratory virus. Lack of nicotine may be the problem! I had some KBV Jim's Special Flake in a Sav, followed by some 2017 Rattray's Black Mallory in a Musicò pot, and then half a bowl of KBV Peaty Hunt in my Asteriou cutty. One more gig, then 2.5 weeks of vacation! Woohooooooo!
View attachment 272620
View attachment 272621View attachment 272623
Haha, and . . . locked again! Hope your recovery fares better and Merry Christmas! 🎄 ✌️

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
@Birddog66 Have a happy Christmas!
My New Year's resolutions:
1) No falling in rivers:)
2) No broken clays
3) Cut down on packeted items / alcohol / tobacco
4) Don't break Merrylegs (My sword training knight) again:)
If you cut down on tobacco you’ll have to change your new name Dan. Or take up ceramics 😬.
Merry Christmas my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.