PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
After 50+ minutes, a pint of water and a glass of wine, I conclude that the 507c flake was...superb! I love the mild nic-level, too. I hear this comes in 5 lb. boxes? I'm going to seriously consider that (oh who am i kidding, i'll grab one if I can find one, else, a # at a time should do!)

Now to finish the evening with Sillem's Blue in the Larus & Brother Co billiard I have dedicated to this really delightful aro (for now).
IMG_2837.jpg
and speaking of Sillem's, that reminds me: USPS provided an update today on an order with another tin of this I have been expecting to receive before christmas..the package arrived in Guam today... Not really on the route from Connecticut to Orcas Island. Crazy season! :)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 222 in an undated straight, smooth light brown unbranded short shank Bing-ish billiard with a long, tapered black vulcanite stem. Have one more page to touch up, and this Ghost Fox story will be finished. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to William Conrad as Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke.
Unbranded French "Bing".jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The story is done, and I'm taking the rest of the night and tomorrow night off before starting the next story. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Chatting with the fella who gifted me the two Conrad Charatans that I own.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.