PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I just bought a handful of individual "blending" tobaccos, so that will probably be my jam for a while. Had a partial bowl of C&D Dark-Fired Kentucky in my Kaywoodie this afternoon:

kw_dfk_1230.jpg

I was a little surprised at how un-surprised I was about the taste: it was deep, smooth, a little smoky but not quite so much as Latakia, bit of a throat-hit, with a good amount of nicotine for how little I smoked. Pretty much what I had gathered from the few blends I've smoked so far with DFK. Good stuff. :)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Someone very special gave me a Smith House natural Bulldog for Christmas. @JimInks this has now become elevated to my dedicated Edgeworth RR pipe. So light and beautifully made. Initiated it today on Marco Island beach in Florida. Check out this great artisan out of NY State.View attachment 190995
Congrats on the great pipe and choice of tobacco!

Status
Not open for further replies.