PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of KBV Turkish Delight in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Putting the finishing touches on a review of this blend. Sweet and sour, floral and spicy!
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Finally home from off-island errands today.. clays showed up in the mail so trying my first ever clay, along with a lineup this evening: small clay with Sillem's, then cob with Peretti Yuletide, then the Santa Sav 602 with a half bowl of Pride of Lock Lomond. I'm settling in for the evening.
View attachment 190838
@Scottmi Welcome to the Fellowship of the Clay:)
I always think it's a shame to smoke a new clean white pipe; only 4 pipes out of my 4 boxes of clays have bene smoked (some rather heavily).
The 'smoked' clays smell like Jorvik Viking Centre...
The tobacco residue soaks into the clay; currently smoking some Clan in my clay pipes & received my 7oz of Cornell & Diehl baccy from Smokingpipes.com
I'll have to try some Sillem's Musketeer in my clays next time I order from Smokingpipes...

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
@Scottmi Welcome to the Fellowship of the Clay:)
I always think it's a shame to smoke a new clean white pipe; only 4 pipes out of my 4 boxes of clays have bene smoked (some rather heavily).
The 'smoked' clays smell like Jorvik Viking Centre...
The tobacco residue soaks into the clay; currently smoking some Clan in my clay pipes & received my 7oz of Cornell & Diehl baccy from Smokingpipes.com
I'll have to try some Sillem's Musketeer in my clays next time I order from Smokingpipes...
Thank you! It is definitely a little different experience. Looking forward to better understanding it!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a small, but tasty golden delicious apple, and have about a third of a bowl left of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just posted reviews of four upcoming KBV blends at TR.
4AB_Nat_right.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.