PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Γεια σου Ορέστη, hello Orestis, yes I've read the book. It was called Turkish coffee also in Greece till some decades ago, the name was turned to "Greek" coffee after the "troubles" with the Greek population of Istanbul in the 50's - 60's, as a "revenge". I remember, as a child, people still ordering a "Turkish" coffee in the coffee shops...
Indeed, in fact most open-minded people still call it Turkish (as it's also called in the Balkans!), Arabic coffee is somewhat different, mostly because it includes spices such as cardamom, eucalyptus bark etc.
I make Turkish coffee on occasion (Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi) using the cezve. My family also used to "read" the grounds to children growing up.

The Metro Detroit are has a large Middle Eastern population, allowing for better access to various foods and beverages. Any particular coffee brand either of you are fond of (since I may be able to get it here).

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Sutliff Cringle Flake 2021 in a Clay Figural (Santa Claus?) with Cherrywood stem with orific bit.

IMG_20221230_123511.jpg

After spending the 24th, 25th, and 26th, with our families in New York, we’re back in PA—Susan and I were finally able to exchange Christmas presents with each other.

She gave me an Atari 50 Limited Edition Steelbook collection for the Nintendo Switch (100 Atari games included); an officially licensed UFC Venum hoodie and an officially licensed Islam Makhachev (Lightweight Champion) t-shirt; two ounces of bulk Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening; a 100 gram tin of W.O. Larsen Old Fashioned; two ounce tins of Captain Earle’s Ten Russians and Nightwatch; a two ounce tin of G.L. Pease Cairo; fifty gram tins of Ashton Consummate Gentleman, Bengal Slices, Balkan Sasieni; and a fifty gram tin of Crumble Cake Barrel Aged Series No. 3 Limited Edition (#1673 of 4000). I think the pipe tool was a freebie because she spent so much. I am a lucky guy to have her in my life.

IMG_20221230_122824.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.