PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Doth my eyes deceive me?? Duane smoking a billiard?? Now I’ve seen everything and the good lord can take me at his discretion 😂
I've made mention that I only have billiards due to who made them. A way of remembering my friend purchased posthumously. The only pipes I will not own are bulldogs/rhodesians.

20210822_172414.jpg20220513_112937.jpg20220910_095447.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
I got a new Peterson for Christmas and couldn't wait to smoke it. Didn't remove the bowl coating and just packed and lit it up. It didn't have any off flavors. I used Haunted Bookshop since its the blend I'm most familiar with and would be able to notice anything different. Each manufacturer has a proprietary coating, some better than others. Glad you've been able to deal with yours. The Rossi I had a problem with was also a Vitoria.
Thank you. Have just about decided to remove coating from any new pipe I get. Appreciate your input.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
It’s -2 F out at the moment, so I only smoked half of this bowl of Sutliff ERR Match in the cob I devote to light burley blends.

A23ED698-F644-42B8-9EF4-0DCAD2D7C03D.jpeg

Strangely, despite filling the pipe days ago and leaving it out to dry, it has been smoking as if wet: slow to take a light, and then sizzling when it’s going. Could be the weather or operator error, perhaps both.

On the plus side, I’m really liking the flavor and aroma of this blend. I want to try a few more codgery burley blends before I declare a favorite, but I could see myself getting more of this one. puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.