PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Pipe smokers know about disorders (PAD, TAD) which I think can be also called addictions. There are other kinds of course, many of them. The thing is that just when you manage to control one (because you realize that the quantity you have gathered will last more than your life), then e.g. your name day celebration comes, and those who care for you and know you are a (....) lover, bring you as presents..., well, what else?

On topic: Peterson University Flake in a MM Hardwood.

Happy holiday season to all of you good people.

View attachment 190004
View attachment 190005
View attachment 190008
Love those book shelves. I too love books. I see you have one by my favorite philosopher, Henry David Thoreau! I can't read Greek, sad to say. Could you translate the title for me sir?

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Just finished giving the roof a once-over inspection, dabbing some Henry's roofing tar here and there to patch over any remaining cracks. Time to treat myself...SWR in a Foyard beechwood Rhodesian. I like SWRA better, but the regular is not without its merits. Good solid OTC VaBur material, great for lunting. Do I sound too much like a salesman? 🤪

Bird report: Another "everyone" day. Even the mountain chickadee showed up. Good thing too, as this storm is going to put a damper on my piping/birdwatching for at least a couple of weeks.

Stay warm and dry, everyone!

foyard.jpg

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
I have been following y'alls conversation on this and have a couple thoughts. I am contemplating, and saving $ for, a Rossi. This has me thinking about that bowl coating. What in the world is it, why do they use it? Does that alcohol treatment work well? I have a couple pipes that had coatings. I had cleaned them with rum prior to the first smoking. And at the time, was pretty new to pipe smoking. So I may not have tasted it. Anyway, any information you might give me would be appreciated.
Hi Carol. I think I will remove any bowl coatings I get from now on. The alcohol treatment seemed to do the trick.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This may get me to dinner time.Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I have to say, seeing I’ve only been a pipe smoker for just over a year, I didn’t really smoke my pipes much this summer because I was on my boat all summer and it seem to difficult to. I tried at first but I found smoking cigars was easier. So, my pipe tobacco sat for 4 months. Opening these jars up and smoking now, amazing difference in flavors. I’m definitely starting to see what all you professionals have been talking about when mentioning your old tobaccos. So cheers to you all and for you newbies, keep going it only gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.