PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Gifted to me here from Secret Santa, Straus Kentucky Gentleman, I’m smoking in my MM Apple Diplomat with a Forever stem. I was also given some Straus Sleepy Hollow I smoked for Christmas last night. Both blends really nice. :)

This Kentucky Gentleman is a lot better than the reviews, but this doesn’t have Cavendish, it looks more like stoved VAs, hmm maybe they changed the recipe. 🤔

I’m such a computer nerd/geek/junkie, I live behind the keyboard. LOL 😆 So I had to get off and disconnect for Christmas, I really hope everyone had a great Christmas! ❤️

C3E20DF0-E455-4B2A-83E3-06505CEB2906.jpeg

44529E4B-C12B-4818-9CA6-FF0FCC822AB4.jpeg

@isaac liu I hope you are doing better, take care! ❤️

OH @Jwebb90 I’m so jealous that new one from George is so sweet! Ahhhh LOL 😆 Now if I could get one with a Cumberland stem... ;) Tell George Cumberland Pretty Please. :)

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Hi Carol. I think I will remove any bowl coatings I get from now on. The alcohol treatment seemed to do the trick.
I got a new Peterson for Christmas and couldn't wait to smoke it. Didn't remove the bowl coating and just packed and lit it up. It didn't have any off flavors. I used Haunted Bookshop since its the blend I'm most familiar with and would be able to notice anything different. Each manufacturer has a proprietary coating, some better than others. Glad you've been able to deal with yours. The Rossi I had a problem with was also a Vitoria.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Lunting/skulking around the Kingston ferry terminal with some Royal Jersey Latakia Mixture in a Neerup.
There’s the man who sold me some Brighton, out of the kindness of his heart! ❤️

Now when you see these Burly looking men, walking the streets late at night, whom ladies and small children might shreek and run the other way in fear.

Fear not, for their is kindness in the hearts of these Burly men! ❤️

beargreasediet

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2021
The Prairie
There’s the man who sold me some Brighton, out of the kindness of his heart! ❤️

Now when you see these Burly looking men, walking the streets late at night, whom ladies and small children might shreek and run the other way in fear.

Fear not, for their is kindness in the hearts of these Burly men! ❤️

Lol - more of a Latakia and Virginia guy than I am a burley man. However, ladies and small children needn’t fear - my womanizing days are behind me and I’m in training to be a grandpa! 🤟

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with cherries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching an episode of Nature on PBS.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I got a new Peterson for Christmas and couldn't wait to smoke it. Didn't remove the bowl coating and just packed and lit it up. It didn't have any off flavors. I used Haunted Bookshop since its the blend I'm most familiar with and would be able to notice anything different. Each manufacturer has a proprietary coating, some better than others. Glad you've been able to deal with yours. The Rossi I had a problem with was also a Vitoria.
Was yours a p-lip? I agreed to a trade with a fellow forum member and am receiving a couple of p-lip Petersons. I’ve never tried one but I figured I should try it at least once. Worst case scenario I just trade it away.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
For work today, 40th Anniversary in a Bruce Weaver. Red Algerian briar with an ivory accent and the one piece stem and tenon, a rarity for him, was made from 1930s brindle ebonite (bowling ball).

View attachment 190030
Doth my eyes deceive me?? Duane smoking a billiard?? Now I’ve seen everything and the good lord can take me at his discretion 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.