PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightDarkEyes

Can't Leave
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
I like and have been enjoying mine. IMHO, I find it to be well made and a steal at his prices. I smoke in the dark often with it, so by feel, the carving is consistent on both the bowl and the shank (my fingers don't lie to me like my eyes do). I can't compare it to any other meerschaum carvers, being my other meer is an older no-name NOS off of eBay with a screw-in tenon. Mine took close to 3 weeks to arrive. It was shipped within 24 hours of ordering, then got stuck in Illinois for a few weeks, before arriving to Long Island. Hopefully, yours will arrive soon. Enjoy it!! I look forward to hearing what your thoughts on his work.
I agree. His prices are really good for meerschaum nowadays and his work seems great. I wonder how his tenon will be because the photos of mine look smaller and shorter than other push/pull tenons I have seen.

I live in Canada so I don’t expect any packages from abroad with speed. One time I ordered a pipe from Belgrade and it sat in customs near Vancouver for more than 2 months after being cleared. It took a little over three months to get to me and when I told the seller he said he had no idea it hadn’t arrived.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have a quarter of a bowl left of year 2014 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed Daisy the Feral Princess, and Harry the Hairy. Tomato the Brave and Abner the Eager weren't here, but I'll check again before bed time. My cats ate before the others did.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a straight dark brown 1920s Comoy’s Sunrise Natural S369 squat bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will end my smoking day. Almost finished reading baseball box scores.
Comoy's_Sunrise_Natural_SBD_s369.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.