PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
A couple of young fellas were throwing a football to each other, and I asked if they'd let me. They kind of chuckled at the idea, especially when I told them that I hadn't throw one in over forty years. So they gave me the football, and I made three throws to make them run their tails off. I was the one laughing after that, and they just looked astonished to see a man my age catch and throw that far with a pipe in his mouth. :)
Visualizing:

1723768842236.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rock fish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a straight smooth brown 1950s Comoy’s Tradition 305 apple military mount with a sterling silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy’s_Tradition305_apple_militarymount.jpg

Skink

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2021
Ronkonkoma, NY
I have to ask, are you a reptile keeper? Or how did you get the name skink?
Skink is a Carl Hiaasen character that appears in a lot of his novels. In some aspects, I can relate to the character, so I started using Skink as my CB handle decades ago. If you're looking for a mindless, yet entertaining read, that you will find yourself laughing aloud at, I recommend his work.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Skink is a Carl Hiaasen character that appears in a lot of his novels. In some aspects, I can relate to the character, so I started using Skink as my CB handle decades ago. If you're looking for a mindless, yet entertaining read, that you will find yourself laughing aloud at, I recommend his work.
Absolutely! I will look it up. I like reading everything I can get my hands on.

Joe H

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2024
Alaska
I don’t think I’ve posted a picture of this pipe on this site yet; it’s Hardcastle diplomat. I bought it new in 2001 during a short trip to London. It’s a very reliable smoker and one of my favorites to hold – so comfortable. Today it was loaded with the last of my corn silk/burley/cherry blend. With a couple of weeks for the blend to sit and marry, it was a remarkably pleasant smoke. In this pipe’s small chamber (1” deep by 13/16ths” wide) the mixture lasted 45 minutes with two relights. There was virtually no corn notes, just a nice sweet burley flavor throughout.
15 Aug 2024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.