PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JoeW

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Since it's payday, I've been considering ordering some Rattray's Red Rapparee because I really enjoyed the sample I received from forum member MCJ. But first I decided to try some Balkan Sasieni (also from MCJ) to see whether my impression of R3 was simply a case of first-taste infatuation, so this morning I fired up some Sasieni in the Falcon.

To my palate, the difference was immediately noticeable on the first puff. The R3 was more complex, flavorful, and sweeter; the Sasieni felt flatter and plainer by comparison, less exciting: not bad by any stretch, but not as much to my taste.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Started this typical August-heat-index-over-100 Florida day with Wilke Vermont Cav in an Upshall P Bulldog with quarter-bent hex shank and matching saddle stem. An effort to invoke the spirit of beloved early Fall in the Northeast. Failed miserably. And our refrigerator died around noon. I chalk it all up as what happens when one wanders too far from sacred Virginias.

Skink

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2021
Ronkonkoma, NY
Celebi makes some nice pipes. How do you like that one? I am waiting for a Celebi to make its way through the postal system now.
I like and have been enjoying mine. IMHO, I find it to be well made and a steal at his prices. I smoke in the dark often with it, so by feel, the carving is consistent on both the bowl and the shank (my fingers don't lie to me like my eyes do). I can't compare it to any other meerschaum carvers, being my other meer is an older no-name NOS off of eBay with a screw-in tenon. Mine took close to 3 weeks to arrive. It was shipped within 24 hours of ordering, then got stuck in Illinois for a few weeks, before arriving to Long Island. Hopefully, yours will arrive soon. Enjoy it!! I look forward to hearing what your thoughts on his work.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps under humid skies, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Tomato the Brave walked with me for a few minutes while Abner the Eager and Harry the Hairy watched from strategic positions. Tomato and Harry have eaten, and Daisy and Abner are eating now. Then, it'll be lunch time for yours truly.
Molina_Apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Giants game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg