PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Photo on 8-15-24 at 6.55 AM.jpgLane Era Charatan's Make, Special, purchased from Palm Desert Tobacco right before the owner retired. A cool morning made all the better with my favorite blend, Telescopes - such a comfort, especially during these modern times when there seems to be so much troubling of the waters. A true all day smoke. This blend was mixed up by Larry of John Dengler Tobacco fame before he retired. Now a days, I have to purchase the tobaccos separately myself and do the blending at home.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
If you are like I was it seemed like that day would never come and now being retired for many years I wonder where they all went and so fast ?
I could never imagine returning back to work. God has been good to me - more than I deserve. Life is beautiful and restful. Now, I spend my time traveling, taking in this world and its peoples, cultures, and traditions. Someday, it will all be gone, replaced by a monoculture - but today I can give thanks the wondrous ways God manifest Himself in the world He gave us.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
Burley Flake 4, in my Astas billiard. I didn't give this pipe enough time in the beginning. It's a little heavier than I like and this one tends to get hot fast, so it still isn't fully broken in yet. But I'm finally working it now.

BF4 I'm really starting to like. Once it was perfectly dried and broken up, I'm starting to reach for it more and more. I'm going to need to order more. Wish they made pounds of this stuff.

1000002292.jpg1000002294.jpg

Briarcutter

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
Burley Flake 4, in my Astas billiard. I didn't give this pipe enough time in the beginning. It's a little heavier than I like and this one tends to get hot fast, so it still isn't fully broken in yet. But I'm finally working it now.

BF4 I'm really starting to like. Once it was perfectly dried and broken up, I'm starting to reach for it more and more. I'm going to need to order more. Wish they made pounds of this stuff.

View attachment 330270View attachment 330271
Looks like it's coming along nicely, starting to show a bit of color!

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Last night I wanted something different, something I don't normally grab. So I went to the cellar and grabbed this, thinking it might hit the spot. Packed it light in a 314 and went to task. Its's very different from most other blends in every way possible. I managed to enjoy its uniqueness, but was reminded why I only think of it a couple times a year.
Strength...
Went on a little stroll along my drive and picked a Shinko pear to nibble on as well. Quite delicious.

1723738587772.png

1723738657859.png

Status
Not open for further replies.