PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just managed to get a second set of walking reps in as it started sprinkling when I got to the top of the hill of my last lap. Tomato the Brave followed me home, and I brought him inside. I wish I could have brought Harry the Hairy in, too, as the thunderstorm is loud and raucous. Anyway, I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Manawydan

Can't Leave
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Inaugural smoke in my new LCS Briars 4-star smooth bent billiard with horn adornment and salmon/black ebonite stem. Enjoying some Boswell Northwoods. I decided to smoke it as the maker intended with a 9mm charcoal filter (Savinelli). I normally use balsa filters in my filtered pipes, finding them to not be quite so 'stark' with the tobacco flavor, but in this case it was the best first smoke of a pipe I've yet had. Sweet briar, burns evenly and well, and has a nice draw. It was 106F and not humid on the patio, but staying in the shade and enjoying an occasional light breeze made it very pleasant overall.

IMG_4631.jpegIMG_4632.jpegIMG_4633.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.