PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Thanks. It’s actually a Ser Jacopo second and it was an estate. Someone had botched a repair on it...probably took out a scratch and they sanded out color. Aside from being uneven I thought the color hid the incredible birdseye. So I stripped it down to wood, did a contrast stain and shined it up. It’s one of my favorite pipes. It doesnt matter to me that it’s a second (one tiny fill). It’s not gonna ever get sold.
That birdseye is pretty awesome!

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Weather got so hot and humid and horrible that I was having trouble getting any enjoyment out of a pipe.
Remembered I had some cigars stashed away from a trip several years ago.
Not hydrated well but it was pretty tasty and worked better in the current weather.
1724085270472.png

It was only a couple of years ago that I was stating that I was expanding my palate by moving from English blends to trying Virginias. Someone noted that eventually I'd get to VaPers, BurPers, VaOrs, etc.
I didn't even know most of those were a thing then.
Now here I am enjoying a bowl of Big-n-Burley (in a Pete 314) with 25% Perique IIRC.
A BurPer for sure...
1724085427418.png

Edwoooo

Lurker
Jun 17, 2022
Valley Springs, California
Still smoking Capstan Blue Flake - now in a Henning Poulsen Volcano. Really enjoying this combo 😁

View attachment 331030
I'm so jealous you are in Denmark. My cousin has lived in Denmark for 30 years. our family emigrated out of Iran, each ran out to a different country. He said Denmark has a vibrant pipe smoking culture.

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
I'm so jealous you are in Denmark. My cousin has lived in Denmark for 30 years. our family emigrated out of Iran, each ran out to a different country. He said Denmark has a vibrant pipe smoking culture.
It's true; we like pipes in Denmark. We don't have many B & M' left, but we have The Danish Pipe Shop - one of the best pipe-shops on Europe.

Reactions: PrivatePiping