PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’m always surprised that Civic is not more commonly seen in the estate market when it is a cornerstone marque of Cadogan
I have a couple of rather nice ones. Perhaps Civic wasn’t considered “top tier” like Barling or Comoy and owners smoke their Civics to death then cast them off when they bought a new one
Just wondering
I have a few now and love all of them, they did some high end lines like the Senate range of which I have one but I’m getting more into the brand and seeking more. The one I’m restoring atm was smoked hard but it’s salvageable and should have a good few years in it yet. The youngest one I have was a steal and probably 50’s/60’s but it’s one of my favourites at the moment, great smoker and super light, good for walking the dog with.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
I am a Mark Twain fan, and we share the same birthday, too, except I'm much younger. :) An awesome friend gifted them to me, and I started cleaning them today.
View attachment 242550
View attachment 242551
Made me tear up a little seeing those. I remember as a teen when they arrived at the local B&M in New Orleans. I so wanted one but they were unaffordable for me at the time. Ive never seen one since.
I believe that was late 87 early 88 ish. My parents are from St Louis and myself from New Orleans so the river and Twain are in my blood too. Thanks Jim that made my day seeing those and Ill be thinking about paddle-wheels and Huck Finn for the rest of it for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.