PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Golden Sceptre in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner British Thorn 495 (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Had to stand outside to keep the possum from eating the ferals' food.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
I need another open jar like a hole in my head, but I decided to crack open a 3.5 oz tin of Olik Golden Sliced, jar it up, and try some in my clay.

View attachment 242482
I have never tried Orlik Golden Sliced, but I have a tin with almost a year on it in the cellar. I've been entertaining the idea of opening it lately.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I have never tried Orlik Golden Sliced, but I have a tin with almost a year on it in the cellar. I've been entertaining the idea of opening it lately.
Exactly my situation. I had accumulated two tins and read a few entertaining threads, but hadn’t gotten around to trying it yet. It’s definitely light, but pleasant.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Restoring the Civic I got this week, the Chester hallmark date letter is very worn but I can just make out a M for 1912. It’ll require a bit more work but there’s a lovely grain under the grime and once I’ve taken down the rim a bit to remove the chips it should look pretty good. View attachment 242331
I’m always surprised that Civic is not more commonly seen in the estate market when it is a cornerstone marque of Cadogan
I have a couple of rather nice ones. Perhaps Civic wasn’t considered “top tier” like Barling or Comoy and owners smoke their Civics to death then cast them off when they bought a new one
Just wondering

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2019 Prince Albert in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style. The possum has returned, so I had to stand guard again.
J.Everett_Author.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim (@JimInks), sounds good. I will smoke a bowl of Rouxgaroux in a John Bessai straight blasted straight bulldog John Bessai right now :) mmm good. Thank you, Jim, for giving your palate and time to Ernie and the guys in Boston to make some really great blends! :) Thinking of you, I'm going to try and pull up your NYT input on that lady cartoonist from the 50's or 40's (forgot her name), 'cause I REALLY ENJOYED reading what you had to say about her (short term memory fails me 'cause of that stroke last fall or maybe just old age LOL :))?).

Just finished my first bowl in a used/estate Brigham from Smoking Pipes US with a fresh maple insert--filled with lovely HH Mac Baren Pure Virginia Flake. What luxury! What joy!! I gotta wonder if those great guys and gals throughout history (who are not so much studied now; i.e. Plato, Aristotle, etc and others perhaps still attended to--Jesus, Peter, Andrew, James & John, etc; and gals like Queen Victoria and those great queens and lady royalty from the Orient and Europe) smoked a bowl of something after lunch or in the cool of the evening? Perhaps if Adam had enjoyed a nice bowl in the Garden and paused to relight and take a puff, he might have said to her..."err, let my think about this for a minute while I sip this bowl...:) --no sacrilege intended and sorry for the typos if any.

Jim, You-Sir--ROCK!
kindly
mike
Thanks, man. Those are very kind words. Btw, Ernie and I created a BurVa blend that's mostly an OTC. Mild and nutty. I thought it was time for another blend in that genre. I think it'll come out next month or maybe October. I'm not sure yet.

Lily Renee' is the lady you were thinking about. She was a very special person.

Status
Not open for further replies.