PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Peter Stokkebye No. 17 English Luxury in a straight post-1981 GBD Prehistoric 133 billiard with brass accents, the letter K stamped on the shank with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
GBD Prehistoric Billiard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in an undated straight smooth brown Crosby Saint Andrews “Merchant Service-like Bing” with a silverish band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Almost finished the first page of this Jughead story. Listening to the BBC on the XM.
St.Andrews_Bing #1 copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work, fed Suzy and Molly as well as Stripesy and Daisy, though I had to stay outside to chase the raccoon away from their food. Dunno what's happened to Stripesy's shy twin as I haven't seen him in weeks. I'm almost done with this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1915-1920 straight smooth dark brown BBB Own Make 150 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Own Make_150_apple.jpg

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
It's a beautiful cob. I was lucky enough to be able to order one, it's still on its way to Iceland. How do you like it? It looks that it's on the bigger side, like Country Gentleman.
@daniel7 , Thanks man. I like it fine. I've only smoked it once thus far, having only received it in the mail yesterday, but it smoked great. I'm not a cob person , but I do have a few, all being M.M.'s and they all smoke well. It is a nice size bowl , comparable to the Country Gentleman. I do like the stem on this one more than on the other 3 cobs that I have.
Hope you enjoy yours !

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
@daniel7 , Thanks man. I like it fine. I've only smoked it once thus far, having only received it in the mail yesterday, but it smoked great. I'm not a cob person , but I do have a few, all being M.M.'s and they all smoke well. It is a nice size bowl , comparable to the Country Gentleman. I do like the stem on this one more than on the other 3 cobs that I have.
Hope you enjoy yours !
Thanks for the reply. I'm too, not an everyday cob user (I have 5 cobs at the moment), but I like to pack a cob from time to time. The tortoise stem on this was irresistable, that's why I pulled the trigger - so I can absolutely see your point, why you like the stem on it.
I will post a photo and short review when mine arrives. Happy smokes, have a great day and weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.