PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
In Melbourne visiting my son and his family.
Staying at a hotel with an outdoor area where I was able to smoke. Comfortable seating. Downside was the Terrace Bar was closed and one was not allowed to take drinks bought in the main bar outside that bar or restaurant ! Who is responsible for such repressive legislation ?

Peterson Connoiseuer's Choice (I chose a blend that had a pleasant room note)

In a Parker Strsight Grain billiard with vulcanite saddle stem

image.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
Tonight I smoked the first bowl in my Peder Jeppesen Stack Churchwarden (68mm or 2-11/16" deep) since it sat for nearly a year while I ruminated what to do about the shank that won't pass a pipecleaner.
Eventually I settled on raising the floor of the shank with a mix of charcoal powder and high grade wood glue (same stuff as on the shank of a Cob), it still doesn't cleanly pass a cleaner but it's at least an improvement.
Then this afternoon I got the stem drilled to 4mm through 3/4 of its length and 3.2mm to the button, one of my better drilling jobs on a Churchwarden stem so at least that part of the pipe is now satisfactory.

The tobacco was a mix of Carter Hall and St. James Flake, the mix was fairly dry so it wasn't overly flavorful, but at least the Burley did keep the VaPer flake burning.

05087FC6-9230-47B3-BBAA-42302245D15F.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. I'll end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Can you recommend a good blend for me to ease the pain of having the DH in the National League? :ROFLMAO:
I actually like a DH in every league, it eases the strategy part of the game with for example pinch hitting for the starting pitcher or like the Brewers pulling your starting pitcher (believe it was Corbin Burnes, which threw absolute GAS first game) before the 2nd inning to allow a permanent pinch hit haha, but for purists it might be a hard pill to swallow.

Before work the last of my Macbarren Classic loose cut in the cob, later on switching to Star of the East Flake in the tiny Altinay Meer

MB Classic Carolina Gent.jpg

SOTE Altinay Meerschaum.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Afternoon everyone, I started the day with F&K Lancer Slices in this cob, it’s the only pipe I smoke this blend from now as the pairing is perfect.
Next up is 2013 St James Plug in my little Kaywoodie Campus bulldog View attachment 138448
Sounds like it would suit re-enactment; I like the book cover!

Status
Not open for further replies.