PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Starting with some 2014 HH Latakia Flake in a L'Anatra with Darjeeling tea on the side.
View attachment 139243
I loved the little bird head on this pipe. I was going to ask if this was custom, then thought, "Let me just look up the marque." I Googled the company. Any idea what determines getting a duck head on the stem? Is it part of their grading?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You know when you are getting old since (a) you live part of the year in Florida (b) a trip to Winn-Dixie is exciting and something you look forward too (c) you start prefixing things you say with "When I was your age.....". That been said I thought I would carry on with my meerschaum color resistant 'cutty' pipe. In the first picture you can see just a tad of color since the shank is developing a slight skid mark color. In picture two you can see it has finally decided to color and interesting golden brown color as opposed to the usual sh*t brown color. The color seems to be at the foot of the 'cutty' and the top of the shank so there is quite a whoppertunity for it turning a most excellent turd color. My choice of tobacco for today is 'Erinston' which is an equal blend of Erinmore and Coniston Cut Plug which provides a most satisfying and interesting flavored smoke. YMMV!

thumbnail-2.jpegthumbnail-3.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will get me to lunch time. Braves and Reds game starts at the bottom of the hour. I'm watching the pre-game show.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.