PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a necessary power nap. Had no choice. Suzy jumped up on my lap, went sleep, and so did I! She wasn't thrilled when I woke up to go to work. I didn't celebrate either, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Just finished smoking year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a smooth brown straight circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time to brew some Community Coffee and snack on a golden delicious apple.
BBB_Contrast506_Canadian.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Fed Suzy and Molly, fed two ferals, and I'm going back to work with a bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
The Saturday "Brady Bunch" of men and women in our ZOOM group, once again met to schmooze, amuse and gently abuse one another, as is our wont.
I smoke a bowl of member Fred Hanna's blend for McClelland, "Wilderness," in a 60+ year-old Charatan Belvedere 2122 apple with a tapered stem. It's a terrific smoker.
My beverage was a mug of Upton Tea Baker Street Afternoon Blend with a touch of orange blossom honey, which complements English blends nicely.

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Restored and new to me Molina Bulldog with Wilke Crystal Palace. Black tea as side kick to clear cobwebs from a boozy Sat night. I’ve got plenty of English blends to try and sample but hard to imagine this blend not making final rotation. Or I’m drunk and it’s my imagination A53B92D9-A07E-46BE-B69A-6E71E01D57F9.jpeg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A second bowl of the afternoon.
Peterson Elizabethan Mixture.
Difficult getting tobacco dry enough in the current high humidity (without resorting to nuking in the oven), so I'm resorting to a meer "cone" in the bottom of the bowl.

In an Orlik straight grain billiard with a tapered vulcanite stem.
An interesting feature of this pipe is the brass "disc" instead of the usual "o" stem insert, which I've not encountered before.
Comments @Ahi Ka / resident Orlik fans/collectors ?

image.jpgimage.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Our friends John and Chris came over to watch the UFC PPV with us tonight. John brought a mystery English mix that his girlfriend got at an estate sale. It has some vinegar, ketchup, and stone fruit jar notes. John is going to smoke it in an American #4 Falcon, and I'm going to have it in a Big Ben Jumbo Squat Rhodesian. On the initial light, it's weirdly indistinct.

IMG_20220410_020621.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finally finished this Archie story, and smoked a bowl of D&R Penhooker in a straight smooth light brown circa post-1932-40s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Instead of starting on the next story, I'm taking the rest of the night off.
Linkman’s Dr. Grabow billiard_square.jpg

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Tsuge The Tasting 16 straight sandblasted chimney x MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired
IMG_20220410_112824.jpg

I have this pipe for a while but I'm still trying to find out, what's the best way to use it. I have the feeling that despite the distinct shape, this pipe doesn't excel in anything, even though it's lightweight, perfectly engineered and the mouthpiece is exceptionally well-shaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.