PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Last night it was a home mix of Spilman Mixture, a revival of an old time brand, mixed with D&R Two Timer and PC Black Cavendish, in a BC Rocaille straight billiard with a tapered stem.

daniel17, the Tsuge tasting pipe (straight billiard) mentioned in my previous post was not sold to me as a "21," nor is it stamped with that number, though it may be the same pipe. I bought it for next to nothing, maybe $40, from PC on a special sale. The ones I've seen since were priced at about $60. if I recall. Still a good buy.
That was a great deal indeed. I bought mine for 50€, which is around the same as $60. But compared to the quality of the pipe, I think it was still a great deal. It's a flawless pipe and an excellent smoker. I hope you enjoy yours, and it serves you well.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I would say Winchester is pretty different from Three Friars, although I thoroughly enjoy both. Winchester is a bit more toward a natural sweetness, kind of like Pegasus with Red Virginia in place of the burley. For me, Three Friars and Winchester sort of compliment rather than resemble each other. I would definitely recommend giving it a try, it's a nice Virginia concoction.
As for the city, it is a disaster. My daily travels usually take me through Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan. I couldn't even begin to list the things I see on a daily basis. I grew up in the '70's and '80's and the crime now is actually worse and much more pointless. The subway is the worst I have ever seen it. And absolutely nothing is being done to correct any of this. I had best leave it at that.
On a brighter note, WBGO is a great station!
Thanks for the Winchester review. I will order some when my wife lets me. Yeah, Nuf said about the Apple, things might get political, no? Can’t have that here so………
Happy smokes!

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Just pulled the trigger on a MM “Diamond” yesterday.

“TobaccoPipes couldn’t be more excited for our recent collaboration with Missouri Meerschaum—the Diamondback Corncob Pipe! With a rich, golden-brown, panel-cut bowl and diamond shank, this unique cob has given us another reason to love one of our favorite brands, and we’re beyond honored to call it a TobaccoPipes.com exclusive!”
View attachment 141551
He’ll be hanging out with this vintage predecessor -
View attachment 141553
Have a blessed, relaxing weekend @Tar Wheel !
Wow! How did I miss the email for this one?!? Panel cut sitter with a diamond shank. I’m loving that! Enjoy the heck out of it while I fight CAD for the rest of the day. Thanks @Fralphog .;)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.