PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Winchester in a Rinaldo Sahara bent apple.
Since we both seem to be lovers of Three Friars, I feel I should get some Winchester.
How, in your opinion, do they compare?
BTW, I worry for NYC lately. I grew up on Long Island and worked in banking several decades ago in lower Manhattan. I made great use of the jazz clubs back in the sixties and seventies! RuralArizona is nice and affordabl, but I miss the city. Thank God for the internet, or I wouldn’t be able to get WBGO. But I digress……

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Yankees- Guardians game, and have been cleaning some estate pipes.
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg

Last edited:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Dark Flake Aromatic in a Meer...​

id4Yvys.jpg

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Since we both seem to be lovers of Three Friars, I feel I should get some Winchester.
How, in your opinion, do they compare?
BTW, I worry for NYC lately. I grew up on Long Island and worked in banking several decades ago in lower Manhattan. I made great use of the jazz clubs back in the sixties and seventies! RuralArizona is nice and affordabl, but I miss the city. Thank God for the internet, or I wouldn’t be able to get WBGO. But I digress……
I would say Winchester is pretty different from Three Friars, although I thoroughly enjoy both. Winchester is a bit more toward a natural sweetness, kind of like Pegasus with Red Virginia in place of the burley. For me, Three Friars and Winchester sort of compliment rather than resemble each other. I would definitely recommend giving it a try, it's a nice Virginia concoction.
As for the city, it is a disaster. My daily travels usually take me through Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan. I couldn't even begin to list the things I see on a daily basis. I grew up in the '70's and '80's and the crime now is actually worse and much more pointless. The subway is the worst I have ever seen it. And absolutely nothing is being done to correct any of this. I had best leave it at that.
On a brighter note, WBGO is a great station!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Last night it was a home mix of Spilman Mixture, a revival of an old time brand, mixed with D&R Two Timer and PC Black Cavendish, in a BC Rocaille straight billiard with a tapered stem.

daniel17, the Tsuge tasting pipe (straight billiard) mentioned in my previous post was not sold to me as a "21," nor is it stamped with that number, though it may be the same pipe. I bought it for next to nothing, maybe $40, from PC on a special sale. The ones I've seen since were priced at about $60. if I recall. Still a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.