PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I think I'd call it "Irish" in style though in that regard, similar to Lakeland. It's rich, flavorful,and packs a wallop.
Slow burning too, if it's anything like the 'Rubbed Out' version.
Never did get to try the flake but the Rubbed Out I smoked was the slowest burning tobacco I've ever had! Wonderful stuff!?

Good evening. Dark Flake #7 in a Hardcastles 'Nut Bruyere'. Should be smoking Walnut Flake really as I think that's what they carved the bowl to look like, but I haven't got any left.
image.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson Royal Yacht in a Kaywoodie Saxon straight blast panel tapered stem. I seem to have several pipes that are between billiard and pot panels, a handy size and light weight. The others are a Sav unfinished, a Yello-Bole Checker, and Jerry Perry hand made in Mountain Laurel. They have some bowl capacity for light weight pipes. I find Royal Yacht completely tobacco forward today, almost none of the "secret sauce" (plum?) coming through.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Earlier - first smoke of Sutliff Edward G Robinson blend as a first smoke in a Longchamp leather covered billiard that belonged to my grandfather.

About to smoke G&H Bosun Cut Plug in a Linkman Hollycourt Inported Bruyere 8843 paneled Dublin. I picked this pipe up years ago from eBay when I was really into Dublins. The fills really turned me off and I never smoke it much. It’s been in my discard pile for awhile then I experiment with covering the fills with a stain marker. Not bad! Cleaned up the rest and now I’ll give it a shot. Will keep you posted. ADCBF132-6152-46B0-AFD0-C831D277326B.jpeg0D5FAED4-DC78-4AA8-BA9B-7C18F8166D95.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.