PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Two W.O. Larsen - CLASSIC and SIGNATURE VINTAGE MIX - in two late 1970s Comoys Golden Grain:-
20200602_162622 (5).jpg

The 'Poker' may not be considered a classic shape like the 'Billiard', the 'Lovat', the 'Dublin', the 'Bulldog' et al but it's certainly got legs and even though I've yet to see an example from the 1800s it's certainly been around since the early 1900s:-
20200602_162825 (1).jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a short nap, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke PBP beta test in a smooth dark brown medium bend undated Peterson Kildare 80S bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson Kildare 80S bulldog copy.jpg

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Yep, I've got a couple gigs coming up...first ones since summer time.
I just finished up with a bowl of vanilla roll cake in a cob.
A nice blend and nice to think of summertime gigs! I played a properly distanced set of jazz/funk stuff for a parking lot full of dead heads last Saturday, felt great. Nice bass, btw!

Also, those rolls are so tasty -do you fold/stuff them? I was never one to do that but this blend in particular is great for it imo.

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
A nice blend and nice to think of summertime gigs! I played a properly distanced set of jazz/funk stuff for a parking lot full of dead heads last Saturday, felt great. Nice bass, btw!

Also, those rolls are so tasty -do you fold/stuff them? I was never one to do that but this blend in particular is great for it imo.
In the cobs, I rub them out and fill the bowl all the way up...in a briar though I like to clump and stuff, leaving a gap at the bottom of the bowl. That bass *is* a great one, a G&L m2000. Most of the time these days I'm playing an MTD heir 5er, but a dude on the talkbass forum is trying to convince me to sell it to him. I'm on the fence...he's a collector and it's in a custom color. To me it's just a really good tool, but I'd have to sell it to him at a high enough price to replace it. Sigh. Instruments!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a very filling dinner: three hot dogs, and two 3/4 pound cheeseburgers with a quarter of m'lady's freshly baked Boston Creme Pie. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Sept. 2015 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This finishes the tin. Too stuffed to get out of my chair and brew coffee, so ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting ready to watch the 1959 Hammer Films version of Hound of the Baskervilles. I haven't seen it since the 1980s, and m'lady has never seen it, so we'll have a fun watch.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.