PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
I'm such a huge fan of paneled pipes! That my friend is....GLORIOUS... bdw bdw bdw bdw bdw bdw bdw bdw bdw bdw

Thank you! It took me over 20 years to figure out I like paneled pipes. My first was this Ryan Alden 4-Square I bought on New Years Eve 2018:

94CDB086-1832-4E06-9C91-4DA4FC7CFC4B.jpeg

I’ll bet half the pipes I’ve bought in the 3 years since then have been paneled or faceted in one way or another.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken and green beans dinner with a very small scoop of Mint Cookie ice cream. I'm just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to Zoom chat with a few piper buddies.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Testing the assertion made by my friend bigtrain that the 50g tins of Rattrays are more flavorful than the 3.5oz tins as they contain less air and the tobaccos are more tightly packed. This Brown Clunee does taste much better than the last, large tin I ordered, and the bulk Hal O The Wynd I bought several years ago goes flat within minutes after removing it from the jar. This perhaps isn't a problem for all brands necessarily, as I've noticed that K&K tobaccos don't tend to handle exposure to air too well.
IMG_20210416_220005.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Thank you! It took me over 20 years to figure out I like paneled pipes. My first was this Ryan Alden 4-Square I bought on New Years Eve 2018:

View attachment 75608

I’ll bet half the pipes I’ve bought in the 3 years since then have been paneled or faceted in one way or another.

You wouldn’t happen to own a Former 60th Anniversary Paneled Billiard?

I’ve been seriously considering coughing up for one, but after hearing people calling Former’s Pipes average smokers, I’ve been like doing a big hmmm ?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am now smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking first release Watch City Simply Red in a slight bent black pattern etched 1979 Lorenzo Lorsan Sigma tilted top billiard with a gray swirl acrylic saddle stem. Working and listening to the Dodgers-Padres game.

Status
Not open for further replies.