PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I'm just about done with Rex Stout's The Golden Spiders, a Nero Wolfe mystery. My group of Wolfe admirers is reading the entire corpus in order.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I just started a reread of The Lord of the Rings, a biography on Andre the Giant and I'm still puttering around in Jung.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
- Introducing Covenant Theology by Michael Horton
- Jesus and the Last Supper by Brant Pitre

Reactions: edger

Merton

Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
just finished "One, Two, Three, Four: The Beatles in Time" by Craig Brown (American version is, I believe, titled "150 Glimpses of the Beatles"). I have read many books about the Beatles and their music and this, by far, the very best. At first, I did not like it inasmuch as the author has created sort of a non-linear biography form which is made up of many relatively brief snapshots. This is sort of instagram on the page. After reading for a bit, I adapted to what he is doing and, before long, was really enjoying it. If you don't know much about the Beatles this will be very informative and entertaining. If you know a good deal already you will know some of the information but will undoubtedly be surprised by something new. In many ways this is, because of the format, a perfect nightstand book. However, it is awfully hard to put down...

Reactions: edger

B_Rock

Jul 11, 2020
San Jose, CA
Just finished “The Queen’s Gambit” by Walter Tevis and now starting Dan Rahter’s “What Unites Us: Reflections on Patriotism”.

Status
Not open for further replies.