Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
The Tsar’s Last Armada

The story of the most decisive battle between steel battleships ever fought.

Reactions: RonB

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Found on my shelves, and not sure where I got it, but glad I did:

I Remember Detroit by John C. Lodge. Mr Lodge was born in Detroit in 1862; he wrote this book in 1949. It's more reminisces than a memoir or autobiography. Each chapter has end notes by his collaborator, explaining who some of the people mentioned were.
Mr Lodge was a journalist who then went into politics. He served on the City Council for over 30 years, and was Mayor for two years, as well as spending time twice when the then-Mayor resigned. A fascinating read about times long gone.

Reactions: edger and RonB

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've been a Stephen Hunter fan for a few decades. His last few releases have been lackluster (the last so poorly reviewed, I haven't read it yet). This one has mixed reviews, I'll give it a shot.

1679052503016.png

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Right now I'm half-way thru "In Search of Pipe Dreams" by Rick Newcombe. Picked a cheap used copy of this book up at the recommendation of @Scottmi Very enjoyable read, especially for those who are fans of Danish style pipes.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Right now I'm half-way thru "In Search of Pipe Dreams" by Rick Newcombe. Picked a cheap used copy of this book up at the recommendation of @Scottmi Very enjoyable read, especially for those who are fans of Danish style pipes.
After finishing "In Search of Pipe Dreams" by Rick Newcombe and telling my wife how much I enjoyed it, she surprised me with a copy of Rick's follow-up book "Still Searching for Pipe Dreams". About a third of the way thru this in one evening, and I'm enjoying it even more than his first book!

Reactions: edger and RonB
Status
Not open for further replies.