PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Oooh, where to start? I usually do several books at a time.
Just finished How to Have Impossible Conversations, by Peter Boghassian and James Lindsay (on talking with people you disagree with about controversial topics).

Almost done with The Untethered Soul, by Michael Singer (new age spirituality and philosophy).

Am halfway through A Walk In the Woods, by Bill Bryson (fun outdoorsy travel story).

I'm a few chapters into the density of Cynical Theories, by Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay (history and political commentary on postmodernist wokeism).

And I'm always reading something by John Geriach (fly fishing and hunting stories).

Last edited:
Reactions: edger and Kobold

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Oooh, where to start? I usually do several books at a time.
Just finished How to Have Impossible Conversations, by Peter Boghassian and James Lindsay (on talking with people you disagree with about controversial topics).

Almost done with The Untethered Soul, by Michael Singer (new age spirituality and philosophy).

Am halfway through A Walk In the Woods, by Bill Bryson (fun outdoorsy travel story).

I'm a few chapters into the density of Cynical Theories, by Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay (history and political commentary on postmodernist wokeism).

And I'm always reading something by John Geriach (fly fishing and hunting stories).
Cynical Theories is eye opening, my formerly liberal nephew sent me a copy!

Reactions: nathaniel

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Cynical Theories is eye opening, my formerly liberal nephew sent me a copy!
I'm a big fan of Lindsay's, Pluckrose's, and Boghassian's online media content. The book is harder to get through! But very good so far.

Reactions: edger

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Jack Carr books Author of The Terminal list, former Navy Seal he knows what he speaks of.
You will like all of his books.
Read his last one & I think James Reece's dad was a Vietnam "Frogman" & had a watch like yours.
If my memory serves me right, his Dad reminded me of your experience over there.

Last edited:
Reactions: edger and tbradsim1

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Been a while since I posted in here. Been re-reading some things; the most recent are
sob_cover.jpg

33058545.0.m.1.jpg

Last night I started re-reading

884e3bab2bb136720269691e172d26fc.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I bailed on this one, a very odd writing style.

1659006304856.png

Just started this, a novel about a woman who had two lives/husbands, and one kills the other. It's off to a good start.

1659006362260.png

StringBEan

Might Stick Around
Jul 27, 2022
Alabama
Currently reading How Green Was My Valley, just finished Death Be Not Proud recently. I tend to stick to late 19th/early 20th century works, so I’ve tackled a lot of Steinbeck and H.G. Wells this year, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.