PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Just started rereading 1984, I like to revisit some classics from time to time. And using Noodler's Ink 1984 in a fountain pen for the journal today, just to pull it all together. I love inks inspired by literature, not unlike tobacco inspired by literature.
I’m rereading Island right now
I’m probably going to read Brave New World next and then maybe 1984.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I'm currently reading Stinger by Robert McCammon. I'm about 1/4 way into it and am enjoying it so far.
stinger.jpeg
Last week I read Boy's Life and Swan Song. They are both fantastic.
Swan Song.jpeg
Boy's Life.jpeg

Reactions: Kobold

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
'Whiskey When We're Dry' by Larison. It's good enough to keep reading - about 75 pages in.

Read two books by Pollock this month: 'Heavenly Table' and 'The Devil all the Time'. He has a unique writing style and some weird stuff going on his head.

'American Massacre' two weeks ago - couldn't put it down.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I'm re-reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy but I read the original american version in youth. Apparently Tolkien edited a final version and that seems to be the one i am reading now. Some sections seem different but maybe I am confusing information I gleened from the appendices in the prior version. I also bought Bernard Cornwall's 1356 but haven't started it yet. The jacket reviews indicate it may be quite violent with swordplay. Fictionalized battle in the 100 yrs war.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just finished this one. Very good look at the ending of WWII from the perspective of people in the 'liberated' zones, and the hardship they went through. Not much on the German experience however.

download (5).jpeg

Currently re-reading this little sci-fi novel about mysterious monuments appearing marking future victories of a warlord named Kuin.

116413.jpg

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
It comes in ebbs and flows, over the last 5 days off I’ve gone through the first 3 Reacher books. Killing Floor, Die Trying and Tripwire. Reading a good book to me is like watching a movie that you cast the actors hope you see them, Amazon did a fantastic job with The Killing Floor.

Reactions: Jwebb90
Status
Not open for further replies.