PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
I just started Master & Commander on audiobook. Thought I'd be able to get thru a lot of it on a 10hr trip to SC, but was frequently interrupted by kids asking "how much longer?" so I stopped for now ?

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob74

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki (1997). Fascinating to basically go back in time a quarter century, before the housing bubble (the first one, not the current one!), and even before the dot-com bubble. I'm only three chapters in, but I'm looking forward to reading his other book, Unfair Advantage, after this one, which came out in 2011 (ostensibly between bubbles). Fascinating perspective, I must say, and one of the few so-called "experts" who understands the difference between an asset and a liability...seriously!

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki (1997). Fascinating to basically go back in time a quarter century, before the housing bubble (the first one, not the current one!), and even before the dot-com bubble. I'm only three chapters in, but I'm looking forward to reading his other book, Unfair Advantage, after this one, which came out in 2011 (ostensibly between bubbles). Fascinating perspective, I must say, and one of the few so-called "experts" who understands the difference between an asset and a liability...seriously!
A guy at work constantly brings this book up in conversation. Maybe I'll finally borrow his copy and give it a try

Reactions: Servant King

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
The Incognito Lounge was a short book of poetry. Now for something longer.

Christina Stead, The Man Who Loved Children

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Damn, but this is a quiet thread. Is reading that “old school”?
Inspired by my latest PAD weakness, I bought two old Brulor Mowbray French pipes from the 1950’s and to accompany them I just ordered the first omnibus addition of the first four Maigret novels. All the novels were recently translated by a bevy of people hired by Penguin. This should be great fun!

Reactions: Tom Sawtooth
Status
Not open for further replies.