PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Been reading "Dune" for awhile. I normally binge read, but been just enjoying the book. The story flows rather nice. It has actions, but very measure and fits in nicely to the whole story. Relaxing read. Just ordered the paperback box set.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Just finished 'The Sin of Certainty' by Peter Enns. Very relative to my current shit storm of a spiritual state, not sure if it was helpful but im glad I read it.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm a bit slow getting into this one, but it is good so far. Set in late 1800s Africa.

cjmgabaob04wgr6qmv275wy1u-theangelsweep-usrgb-crop.full.jpg

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Bed time reading for the kids.
1598986244159.png
Hope they don't get nightmares or I'll be in trouble with the missus ?

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Station 11 by Emily St. John Mandel

Creepy little book I stumbled on by accident. Didn't even know what it was about until I started reading and well, it's something for our time if you're not overly paranoid.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Before the end of summer I finished up the first Gunslinger novel by Steven King. Recently started Shogun by James Clavell; not sure about that one yet.

I loved James Clavells Asian Saga when I read it, although Shogun isn't my favorite book in it, a bit long winded at times as I remember it.
If you want more (better imho) Clavell after Shogun I recommend King Rat, great book set in a Japanese WW2 POW camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.