PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Though not their best album in my view, Pink Floyd's Animals is still worthy of a place in my music collection. and I have the album on CD.

Looking to boost my SACD collection I was more than miffed to find the cheapest copy was a whacking £53. I don't like it enough to cough up that much dough no matter how good it sounds.

But by pure fluke I stumbled upon a recent (ie 2024) version on Blu-Ray Audio disc for £26:64. That I was willing to pay but the surprise was you get 4 versions on the one disc!

1977 stereo mix, 2018 stereo re-mix, 2018 5:1 surround mix and 2022 Dolby Atmos mix, all in 24bit/192 kHz uncompressed DTS.

It arrived yesterday and though not having a full on Atmos set up (I don't fancy drilling holes in my ceiling) I played the Atmos version and it sounded bloody awesome!

So much more musical and more intense, I was hearing Rick Wright's synthesizer in places I'd never heard it before, Nick Mason's kettle drums and much more.

Highly recommended.

1pigs.jpg
(It looks to be 2 discs but the yellow one is actually a sticker).

Jay.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York

Marcus Miller used to be the downstairs neighbour of my brother, Tim (I play table tennis weekly at my brother’s place). Back in 1992, I designed a CD package for Kenwood Dennard. Marcus and my late friend, Hiram Bullock, played on the album. This is a track of Kenwood and Marcus playing together from that album, Just Advance:

You posted a song by Bettye LaVette. I had the good fortune to see her live years ago—she generously signed my CD of I’ve Got My Own Hell to Raise.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Marcus Miller used to be the downstairs neighbour of my brother, Tim (I play table tennis weekly at my brother’s place). Back in 1992, I designed a CD package for Kenwood Dennard. Marcus and my late friend, Hiram Bullock, played on the album. This is a track of Kenwood and Marcus playing together from that album, Just Advance:

You posted a song by Bettye LaVette. I had the good fortune to see her live years ago—she generously signed my CD of I’ve Got My Own Hell to Raise.
Thank you. This is my first listen to this tune.bdw

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am listening to Fates Domino doing "The Fat Man" this guy could really sing and tear up a piano!!

5/5

"They call, they call me the fat man
'Cause I weigh two hundred pounds
All the girls they love me
'Cause I know my way around

I was standin', I was standin' on the corner
Of Rampart and Canal
I was watchin', watchin'
Watchin' all these creole gals"

Greatest Hits: New Orleans