PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
First of all, sorry in advance for this kind of mixed reply of mine.
Living in Portugal is a huge handicap if you are a pipe smoker. I’ve finally discovered a place in Spain(Galicia) which will allow me to enjoy new blends and some well established ones. I know that for some of you this might’ve be something you just find around the corner and not something new! Can you help me choose one to start with?
Along with the tobacco blends in the picture are three records I will be enjoying the next few days!
Cheers and happy smoking! 🤛
965 and NIN sounds like a great place to start.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Every once in a while I get an itch for some good ballad singing and I realized I hadn't listed any Sammy Davis, Jr. in a while. Take a listen to Sammy doing "Mr. Bojangles". What a recording it was!!!

5/5

Song was written in 1967 by country artist Jerry Jeff Walker who recorded in 1968. It exploded when the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band recorded it later. This doesn't really fit in any specific genre except it is truly a great song. Sammy did the song proud in his recording.

"I knew a man Bojangles and he danced for you
In worn out shoes
Silver hair, a ragged shirt and baggy pants
The old soft shoe

He jumped so high
He jumped so high
Then he'd lightly touched down
Mr Bojangles
Mr Bojangles
Mr Bojangles"

Greatest Hits Live

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
The Ballad of Curtis Loew always reminds me of an old Native American man that resided in a rail car on the railroad tracks south of town. My brother and I would visit him from time to time and he’d tell us stories. Those memories always lead me to this song. Townes did it the best in my opinion. BF516F4D-D8D7-46C5-BD29-E0A7E3107AB4.jpeg

Last edited: