PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
You know you have a good relationship with your local when you walk in to browse & one of the sales staff brings stuff like this out to you, a new one for me. Buffalo Trace limited release, I'm JACKED!

20200730_173237.jpg

Reactions: cshubhra and python

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
What did you flavor it with?
Persimmons, wild cherry bark, and a few sprigs of Holy Basil, all foraged from the yard. I use the Tulsi sparingly. I've tasted several brews where it came through too strongly. I let this wild ferment for several days before pitching champagne yeast so it picked up a nice lemony lacto tang and bret dryness.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Persimmons, wild cherry bark, and a few sprigs of Holy Basil, all foraged from the yard. I use the Tulsi sparingly. I've tasted several brews where it came through too strongly. I let this wild ferment for several days before pitching champagne yeast so it picked up a nice lemony lacto tang and bret dryness.
Sounds awesome. I had a buddy that I used to work with that made mead and melomels, but never got to taste any of it before he moved off.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Sounds awesome. I had a buddy that I used to work with that made mead and melomels, but never got to taste any of it before he moved off.
I'm experimenting with low abv session meads. They finish way quicker, and you can drink more than a few ounces in a sitting without falling off your barstool!
Most mead recipes are for 15%-19% booze bombs that take years to mellow.
I let this age for 6 months, mostly to let the brettanomyces work, but the ones I brew this fall will be closer to 4%, carbonated, and hopefully finished in just over a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.