PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Bit of a cock up with my Amazon delivery yesterday so had my first glass of Rebel Yell Bourbon instead.

Blimey, that was gorgeous! So much so that I broke my golden rule of only one glass per night ?

So tonight I start on the Rye Whiskey, likely the Rebel Yell Rye.

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: python and cshubhra

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Cshubhra, I see you like the Appleton 8 yearold rum. I have a bottle of their basic rum and wasn't overly impressed though granted I've only had the one glass.

My rum preference is Woods (formerly Woods 100). At a mighty 57% abv it's a very solid drink with much flavour. Interestingly, this is a Guyanese rum that is matured for 8 years in Scotland of all places!

I'm also partial to Lambs Rum though it can be a tad sweet.

Regards,

Jay.?

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I was never fussy about rum the way I am about bourbon. Appleton Estates or Meyers’s Dark were always what I drank when I wanted rum. ?‍♂️
I’m sure there’s better out there, but I’d have had to hunt for it. Most places around here just carry Bacardi and Captain Morgan.

Reactions: python
I have started to re-discover Rum fairly recently. The Appleton estate is fairly good for my tastes, though I need to taste a bunch of others before forming a more informed opinion.
Cshubhra, I see you like the Appleton 8 yearold rum. I have a bottle of their basic rum and wasn't overly impressed though granted I've only had the one glass.

My rum preference is Woods (formerly Woods 100). At a mighty 57% abv it's a very solid drink with much flavour. Interestingly, this is a Guyanese rum that is matured for 8 years in Scotland of all places!

I'm also partial to Lambs Rum though it can be a tad sweet.

Regards,

Jay.?

Status
Not open for further replies.