Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this is the line up for today, I think I will explore the Kraken Rum more today. However I started with

1. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban Port Cask Finish - 14yo. In fact I like the port cask version with 14 years much more than the Glenmorangie 18yo which is just next to it, and the Quinta Ruban 12 yo. It is quite exquisite

24D22E0A-CD5A-4416-A087-51FB35F5034C.jpeg

2. Laphroaig Quarter Cask

While this is the line up for today, I think I will explore the Kraken Rum more today. However I started with

1. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban Port Cask Finish - 14yo. In fact I like the port cask version with 14 years much more than the Glenmorangie 18yo which is just next to it, and the Quinta Ruban 12 yo. It is quite exquisite

View attachment 37329

3.... As planned, I have moved on to discover Kraken Rum better today. This one is on the Rocks. A little bitter neat, specially because I had a large helping of sweets just before this- but I am sure it will tone down to a beautiful experience

View attachment 37329

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I see that there are some posts about rye whiskey here, so I thought I'd post what I picked up the other day. I live 100 miles south of Memphis so when I saw this Tennessee rye I decided to try it. I haven't had any rye in years so I remember very little of it's taste, but Bulliet Frontier seems to be rather rye forward, so that's what I remember about rye. This Riverset Rye is quite good, and has a slight sweetness to it. Different from Bourbon or Tennessee whiskey for sure, and for now a big favorite of mine. I'm not sure how widely distributed it is, but if you can find it, I recommend it.

fullsizeoutput_2901.jpeg

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
20200725_151452.jpg
For folks trying rum, keep an eye out for anything from Foursquare. For the rum market, one of the best spirit producers.

Said straight out...enjoy what you enjoy, life is short. I drink a heck of a lot Goslings (mixed) myself. Rum is somewhat unique as the same acquaintances that turn their nose up at all whisky labels but the rarest single barrel will gulp down "Sailer Tom's Spiced Tikki Island Reserve Rum" (super young column still product loaded with chemical flavoring and sugar) and proclaim it macaroni.

For those that enjoy the more funky Jamican flavor, I highly recommend Smith and Cross. Old-school navy proof, old school funk. For me its more a mixer than sipper, but boy howdy whatta mixer.

In my neighborhood liquor shops, premium rums are much harder to get compared to premium single malts. I will keep an eye out for this as well - Rums are a different experience as you mentioned - and I generally like stuff which are finished in port, Sherry or Rum casks
View attachment 37441
For folks trying rum, keep an eye out for anything from Foursquare. For the rum market, one of the best spirit producers.

Said straight out...enjoy what you enjoy, life is short. I drink a heck of a lot Goslings (mixed) myself. Rum is somewhat unique as the same acquaintances that turn their nose up at all whisky labels but the rarest single barrel will gulp down "Sailer Tom's Spiced Tikki Island Reserve Rum" (super young column still product loaded with chemical flavoring and sugar) and proclaim it macaroni.

For those that enjoy the more funky Jamican flavor, I highly recommend Smith and Cross. Old-school navy proof, old school funk. For me its more a mixer than sipper, but boy howdy whatta mixer.

Reactions: python and kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.