PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
I don't know what it is but I keep gravitating to bourbon highballs. Ice, your inexpensive bourbon of choice(mine is Four Roses yellow), gingerale(Canada Dry seems to taste best after comparing to Schweppes and Seagram's), Lemon wedge. It's ridiculously refreshing, please give it a try.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
When I first tried this particular rum I wasn't sure about it. Compared to other rums of similar calibre it just didn't seem as good. Now, for the second time, mid-day (after lunch) it's outstanding!

It has the same level of complexity as others but has an almost medicinal component the makes it seem less sweet whereas others seem to really step up in sweetness.

One for middle of the day to relax a bit and savor. Another for the end of the day to relax and be contemplative.

All of the above considered, this goes for $170/bottle and is nowhere near worth that price. Zacapa XO is about half that and worth it IMO.

I managed to order several bottles of the above for $54/bottle which, in retrospect, was a bargain. Unfortunately the place I ordered from no longer has this. They do, however, have the 18 year old for $49/bottle so...

Reactions: cshubhra and python

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
One for middle of the day to relax a bit and savor

I'd kill to be able to have one of these in the middle of the work day, haha. Not necessary (although often had anyway) on weekend, but damn, if I could get a dram at noon most workdays I think I'd be worth a lot more to this company.

Or maybe not. Maybe being a frazzled anxious wreck by the end of the day helps the bottom line.

Reactions: cshubhra and python
Status
Not open for further replies.