Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GQ Tobaccos Banner

seldom

Preferred Member
Mar 11, 2018
Germany
Hack hack , cough cough. Afflicted with a cold/flu. Had some more hot whisky (whisky, hot water, honey, lemon with cloves). Have switched over to some meisterwurz schnaps that I picked up in the Austrian Tyrol last summer. The meisterwurz plant is said to have medicinal qualities. Regardless, it tastes very nice!

Reactions: cshubhra and python

seldom

Preferred Member
Mar 11, 2018
Germany
The flu has abated somewhat. Tonight I've enjoyed some rumtopf with sparkling wine which was a request from my wife. Also some landbier. Unfortunately one of the boys woke up and my wife is tending to him as I enjoy a final libation.

I'm not going to say that the hot whisky and meisterwurz schnaps cured me but there is certainly a strong correlation!

alaskanpiper

Preferred Member
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Nothing yet, but after work I have my eyes on some Boulevard Brandy Land Stout, a couple Sierra Nevada Celebration ales, all after an initial dose of Bowmore 25 year. I got a great deal on this super pricey bottle (essentially half price) a couple weeks ago and told myself I would only have a dram once a month so it would be around for a while.

It's almost half way gone. Hopefully I will be too before night's end. Been a tough week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GQ Tobaccos Banner