PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It's past 3am here. The gin is almost gone (Mrs will not be so happy about that...) But, the brown liquors are waiting in reserve...

View attachment 14656

Shit, I'd like to party with you guys some time.

View attachment 14655
The Botanist! Thats my favorite gin. Makes a great GnT with elderflower fever tree. And a damn fine Tom Collins with some Meyer Lemon Juice.

I’ve been brown all night. Having my own little beer and scotch party and watching “The Wire” with my wife and baby snoring away.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I've been grooving on this gin. I grew up in Baltimore, so The Wire is a sick combination of nostalgia and PTSD.

View attachment 14658
Yeah, I love it. More Imperial Stout and whiskey season here though, haha. Gin is a hot weather drink. You know, for those 70 degree scorchers we have here :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I’m digging the wire but it might as well be Mars to me. I can see how if you were from there it’d be a little, well, different.

Reactions: python

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
You're a trooper Shanez, soldier on. rotf Two fingers of TinCup Whiskey on the rocks. For those that don't know, it's a blend of bourbon and single malt. Sounds a bit strange, but it works. A perfect campfire whiskey.

Reactions: kurtbob and python

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hey Alaskan are you in 24 hour darkness where you live? I’m getting a bit fed up with how short the days are here and I’m way down in Toronto.

Nope, we get about 4 hours of daylight during the shortest weeks where we live in Alaska (Palmer area) Of course the wonderful summer months its light until 1 AM and starts getting lighter again around 4 which is awesome.

I spent 8 years working in Prudhoe Bay though. -60F temps and nothing but dark for three months in the winter. Sun never goes below the horizon during the summer there. 40-50F usually in summer. Kinda cool to have experienced but winters sure suck there, haha. Especially working outside surveying 7 days a week 12-18 hours a day in headlamps and arctic suits. 3 weeks on 3 weeks off though, so that kinda made up for it. Spent all off time either in southern Alaska (way milder winters) or traveling.

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.