PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you had their Signet?
No. I have tried the regular, the Lasanta and this one (The Quinta Ruban). I like my scotches either peaty (Ardbeg Uigeadail, Caol Ila 12, Laphroaig Quarter Cask, etc…) or a sweet finish (Aberlour, Balvenie, this one, or anything finished in Sherry, Rum or Port cask)

k o h l e w

Lurker
Feb 11, 2022
. . . always mobile
No. I have tried the regular, the Lasanta and this one (The Quinta Ruban). I like my scotches either peaty (Ardbeg Uigeadail, Caol Ila 12, Laphroaig Quarter Cask, etc…) or a sweet finish (Aberlour, Balvenie, this one, or anything finished in Sherry, Rum or Port cask)
Do you have access to Trader Joe’s? There is a very affordable scotch called Islay Storm which competes with my thirst for Port Charlotte and Laphroaig. Whenever I visit the land of Trader Joe’s, I fill up part of a small suitcase.

Do you have access to Trader Joe’s? There is a very affordable scotch called Islay Storm which competes with my thirst for Port Charlotte and Laphroaig. Whenever I visit the land of Trader Joe’s, I fill up part of a small suitcase.
I am sure there is a Trader Joe nearly. Just that groceries are mostly done by my wife, and mostly from Costco, Stop & Shop, Local Indian Grocery and Farmers market so I did not have a chance to visit Trader Joe’s.

I got Port Charlotte once in my local liquor shop, and loved it. However have not seen it since. Looks like a visit to Trader Joe’s is now in order

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Last night was Tanqueray martinis. Tonight I expect Woodford manhattans. Yall definitely make it clear I need to up my game. Haven’t shopped in a while though.

in general there’s not a ton of mixed drinks here — are there any favorites when the call isn’t a pour of something near?
An Old Fashioned ( or 3 ) was my “go to“ evening drink, for years. I preferred mine with a little kick , so 2 oz. of Old Granddad 114 was a popular choice for the bourbon. 1 barspoon of simple syrup, 3 dashes of Angostura bitters, over 1 large ice cube. Stir and done. Started the Keto diet 3 years ago and that was the end of the Old Fashioneds.

Thankfully, in an act of benevolence from the Universe, bourbon is carb free. I’ve always enjoyed a neat pour of whiskey, but when it’s all you drink, you really hone in on the unique notes and notice the different and distinct flavor profiles of each distillery.

I’ve been off the diet for a couple years now, but still prefer to drink my whiskey neat. So that’s where I am now, still exploring and loving the journey.…..I honestly believe that it’s helped me tremendously in picking up on tobacco notes.

Have a great weekend EssJaySea and enjoy that Manhattan ( or3 )!? Cheers!

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
An Old Fashioned ( or 3 ) was my “go to“ evening drink, for years. I preferred mine with a little kick , so 2 oz. of Old Granddad 114 was a popular choice for the bourbon. 1 barspoon of simple syrup, 3 dashes of Angostura bitters, over 1 large ice cube. Stir and done. Started the Keto diet 3 years ago and that was the end of the Old Fashioneds.

Thankfully, in an act of benevolence from the Universe, bourbon is carb free. I’ve always enjoyed a neat pour of whiskey, but when it’s all you drink, you really hone in on the unique notes and notice the different and distinct flavor profiles of each distillery.

I’ve been off the diet for a couple years now, but still prefer to drink my whiskey neat. So that’s where I am now, still exploring and loving the journey.…..I honestly believe that it’s helped me tremendously in picking up on tobacco notes.

That granddad 114 is amazingly smooth for a high proof.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Los Angeles, CA

The Keto diet? You're halfway to moving to California! I appreciated your drink tonight -- Noah's Mill. I prefer it to Rowan's Creek; my wife feels the opposite. Hope the remainder of the night is terrific. Ours is now starting!

Status
Not open for further replies.