PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
The Scotch Advent calendar continues! Tonight it is The Macallan Sherry Oak 12 year.

Yesterday was Tomintoul 16 year. A nice enough Speyside for sure.

Day before that Jura 21 year. I really enjoyed this one.

Reactions: python and kurtbob

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Limestone Branch Bourbon and Sierra Nevada 3 Weight Session IPA. But also this.......I’m not proud, but I wouldn’t appreciate craft beer as much without the occasional foray back into garbageland. Especially in a champagne size bottle in bed with no glass :LOL:

Last edited:

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
But also this.......I’m not proud, but I wouldn’t appreciate craft beer as much without the occasional foray back into garbageland. Especially in a champagne size bottle in bed with no glass :LOL:
It's been a long time (2001?) since I've been there but the old champagne of beer always reminds me of Alice's Champagne Palace in Homer. I remember showing up there fresh out of being 3 months in the bush with a big beard. The nice lady bartender gave me a shave out on the front porch. Miller just seems like a natural drink to have at that place.

Reactions: kurtbob

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Tonight the Scotch Advent calendar offering is The Balvenie Single Barrel 12 year. Crossing the half way mark of Advent. Ah, if only there was a Scotch calendar for all year!

Also, I am cracking the Rumtopf! I started it in June and it's been sitting in the cellar just waiting with additions as fruit has come in season. It contains overproof rum (54%). The fruit in no order is strawberries, cherries, plums, currants, apricots, pears (those tasty flat ones) and other stuff that I can't remember at the moment. I intend to do this every year. Yum! Rumtopf!

Reactions: kurtbob and shanez

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It's been a long time (2001?) since I've been there but the old champagne of beer always reminds me of Alice's Champagne Palace in Homer. I remember showing up there fresh out of being 3 months in the bush with a big beard. The nice lady bartender gave me a shave out on the front porch. Miller just seems like a natural drink to have at that place.

Haha, the champagne palace is a landmark for sure. That, the Salty Dog and the Down East are kind of the Homer trifecta. Always liked that town. Would be a great place to retire, get a nice view lot on East End Road and put a cabin up. The dream....

Reactions: kurtbob and seldom

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Man, love me some Guinness! Wish I could afford the price and the hangover on a daily! Makes it even better that so many tobaccos pair perfectly with it

I love it as well. I usually buy a 6 pack and nurse it by drinking 1 or 2 at a time a few nights of the week. After the 1-2, I switch to the old go to, Miller Lite ? .

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.