Welcome new members. Introduce yourselves.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Welcome to the site hope you enjoy it. Would love to see you in the drug store group.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Thank you all for the welcome. Kevin yes I've been there many times, but i live out at the beach so its a far drive. They due alot of really good deals on new pipes. Like this month is a store special where all pipes over 150 are 50% off(about to head up and pick one out). Usually I shop at a place close to my house called the Warf tobacco shop(off atlantic blv. at the beach). And yes dunendane been going to Kona my whole life. The owner is one of my dads best friends so me and my buds practically grew up there.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes thats the same shop Bob. I actually smoking some cutter as we speak. You from around Jacksonville? And Kevin I'll be sure to let them know that you are putting them on there. I'm going to talk to a few of them and get them to join up here.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
That is awesome surfmac. Me and my sons have skated every park from San Diego to Santa Barbara, and we have never found Kona's equal.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I want to welcome all new members, and say a bit of thanks to the veteran members as well. When I first came to this site last year, I wasn't feeling very social. The year before I had spent most of my time in City of Hope hospital. I had been diagnosed as terminal with colon cancer, because it had spread through most of my internal organs. yuk. With the help of God and several robotic surgeries, all of the cancer was removed. When it was all over(6 mos. of chemo). I had crawled into a shell, socially.
It was great when I started back smoking my pipe, and in that time many piping sites had popped up. I tried several, but I never felt very welcome. When I found Pipes Magazine I felt welcome from the first visit. The fellowship and friendliness of this site has really helped me heal socially. I am not looking for sympathy, I just want to say thank you. Well wishes, and happy piping.
Mick

hooligan

Lurker
Jan 31, 2010
Just wanted to say a quick Hello to the recent new members. Been busy lately, didn't have time to really post.

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
Mick, as a newbie to the site let me say that reading posts such as yours in other threads is why a mook like me came here as opposed to elsewhere. So THANK YOU to all the guys that kept you coming back so you could return the favor and continue to make us new comers feel welcome here. My pipe is not an addiction but this site sure is becoming one! Thank you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.