Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankluke

Lurker
Oct 22, 2010
Hi everyone, my name is Nick... I hate these intro posts, I never really know what to say because I hate talking about myself, anyway this place looks pretty cool and I'm eager to jump right in.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Nick and guillamefdp. Jump right in with posts and questions. You will find we are a friendly bunch with a lot of info to share.

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
Greetings,
Just wanna say hello to all; first time on a forum of any sort...not that I'm reluctant to engage in the medium, just really busy with work, school, writing, and playing guitar. I like this site among the many out there as it seems more in line with sharing information and sound guidance, advocacy or mentor-ship, vice congratulating each other on a good find, or discussing who has the most of the more sought after blends.
I've been smoking pipes for about 12 years. I transitioned from moist snuff, cigarettes, and finally to pipes with an occasional cigar...sounds like the reduction plan highlighted by John Candy in "Uncle Buck".
I'm former military, retiring after 20 years, but still in the defense line, working as a field rep for an R and D company. I live in Florida, but travel quite a bit for work. It's a pleasure to be here.
Thanks,
Archer M. Darkpint

illicitdreams

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2010
Finally decided to join up, I've been lurking around the boards for a few weeks now, and well liked what I had seen, so here I am making my intro.
I'm a relative newbie when it comes to pipes, as I just picked up a pipe from a local B&M a few years ago. But my fascination with the briar goes back a bit. Both of my grandfathers smoked pipes, as far as their favorite blends go, my dad's father was a Half and Half man, and my mom's father was a Middleton's Cherry man.
Now it's my turn to carry on the tradition...
Now that that's out of the way, most folks call me Scott, I'm your not so average 31 year old. I dabble a bit here and there hobby wise, I'm a NWS certified storm spotter, and I'm also an amateur radio operator.
Thanks for having a place like this for everyone to congregate, seems like I found the good pipe forum.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Scott. Great to see you are carrying on the tradition. Hope to see many posts. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome Archer and illicit! Always happy to have new insights and preferences talked about.
Simon

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
As is the norm for this site, the quality of new members is very high.

Welcome to all you new members of late.

We are glad to have you here, and we look forward to your posts, pictures, questions, and comments.

I am also very pleased with all the new comers to our fraternity and hobby.

That's nothing short of outstanding..
Please dive right in!

Don't forget to accept those friendship requests!

deyomatic

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
Hey there, my name is Steve. I've been smoking cigars since I was about 16 or so and when I turned 18 bought a pipe at a tobacco shop in Boston and used it for a few months. I will admit it was more annoying than enjoyable- having to relight it, not particularly loving any of the blends I tried. I gave it up, in fact, I gave the pipe away after only a few months. 14 years later, faced with SKYROCKETING cigar prices, and both a friend who became a pipe smoker and a coworker with a great blend recommendation, I climbed back on the horse. I picked up a cheapo Savinelli University for starters and a couple ounces of that recommended blend and haven't looked back. Since then, I grabbed a Peterson System with a P lip. Looking forward to finding some new recommendations of other blends.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard Steve. Jump right in with your posts and any questions you may have. We are a friendly bunch with lots of info we like to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.