PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Have you tried Barton straps? I can't say enough Good things about their quick release straps.
I have a Hirsch leather strap (textured dark tan) on my Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch and it's a delight to look at & wear.

They used to be handmade in Austria (?) but now they are outsourced to who knows where. Very similar in quality to Barton straps though a tad pricier.

Regards,

Jay.

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Mixed emotions how?

I will have to agree with Scott, I like the brown/tan one best as well.
Mixed emotions because aesthetically they are beautiful. But they took a regular Swatch chronograph, put it in a ceramic case and made a crude copy of the Speedmaster and to top it off they put the Omega Mark on it. In short, they put Omega on a disposable watch.

Jun 23, 2019
What do you think about this?
Came to the stores Tomorrow.
I really have mixed emotions.View attachment 136259

I'm a big 'Moonwatch' fan and they have some pretty fun, colorful version is this Swatch release. (I actually had a Project Alaska for a while that looks a lot like the white one).

I assume at these prices, this will be a Swatch quartz movement? Mixed emotions indeed, but it feels like they're cannibalizing their own market by flooding it with "fake" Moonwatches...

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I'm a big 'Moonwatch' fan and they have some pretty fun, colorful version is this Swatch release. (I actually had a Project Alaska for a while that looks a lot like the white one).

I assume at these prices, this will be a Swatch quartz movement? Mixed emotions indeed, but it feels like they're cannibalizing their own market by flooding it with "fake" Moonwatches...
It's the typical Swatch chronograph with a new Case and an Omega face. They say it's Swatch paying respect to Omega.

Jun 23, 2019
It's the typical Swatch chronograph with a new Case and an Omega face. They say it's Swatch paying respect to Omega.

"Paying respect" :ROFLMAO: "paying homage"

Funny how when the Chinese guys start doing this, they're just called fakes, but when it's the "official" Swiss dude, it's an homage piece.

Comes down to perspective here I guess, if you think of these as "cool, limited run Swatches" you'll probably have a good time (no pun intended) but if you're thinking of these as "limited, collaboration Omega Moonwatch" then you're probably just gonna be disappointed.

For me, I don't like the 3 sub dial locations, the color themes are too playful for me, (I haven't held one obviously) I'd be very curious about its weight/mechanics/handling - assuming its hard PVC at these prices, and then there's the "limited edition" we've made a cheap watch, but if we hold supply down maybe it'll generate enough hype to act as free advertising? The entire project feels like a marketing exercise than anything else.

I'd rather by a Seiko and modify it myself.

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
"Paying respect" :ROFLMAO: "paying homage"

Funny how when the Chinese guys start doing this, they're just called fakes, but when it's the "official" Swiss dude, it's an homage piece.

Comes down to perspective here I guess, if you think of these as "cool, limited run Swatches" you'll probably have a good time (no pun intended) but if you're thinking of these as "limited, collaboration Omega Moonwatch" then you're probably just gonna be disappointed.

For me, I don't like the 3 sub dial locations, the color themes are too playful for me, (I haven't held one obviously) I'd be very curious about its weight/mechanics/handling - assuming its hard PVC at these prices, and then there's the "limited edition" we've made a cheap watch, but if we hold supply down maybe it'll generate enough hype to act as free advertising? The entire project feels like a marketing exercise than anything else.

I'd rather by a Seiko and modify it myself.
At the end of the day, they're putting the Omega name and logo on a $250 watch. Besides they are going to sell millions and many are going to keep them unused waiting for a revaluation. I don't think anything good will come of it.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I found my way to the watch bands, but I will need some further direction if I buy from there. I know I will replace the metal band on that Seiko I posted before when it gets to me (if the watch is decent!)

But if they are good enough for @ssjones they will be good enough for me.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've never had any issues either, I've even had a pretty funny conversation with a seller once.

Might be a good place to look - thanks Al