PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I am in as well! I guess this means it is the unofficial start to the Christmas season?

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I'm in. Email sent.
As for me, no aros, no Perique. But then I'll try anything. My favorites include Old Dog, FMOTT, Penzance, SPC Plum Pudding, Gaslight, SL, and the like.
ETA: thanks for taking on the task of herding these cats.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I've replied to all the emails received over the weekend.
If you replied here, but haven't sent me an email, please take a second to do so. This makes tracking who's participating and connecting folks with their Secret Santa very simple.
So far we have 25 participants, which is awesome, but I bet we can double that number.
C'mon folks, this game takes NO time and is immensely fun and rewarding. Think about it, you get to feel good about giving, and have the anticipation of a little kid at the surprise present that's coming your way.
Not too shabby eh?
Ho ho ho.
-- Santa Pat
Could it be that Santa is a tad grumpy these days?
PS - Peck, I am feeling decidedly less grumpy. Your Christmas present has a lot less brylon in it than it did at the beginning of the month.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I'm in. Super excited to get in on this. I have little experience with different blends so I'm open to anything that isn't cherry flavored. I'd love to try something hard to get in the States like Condor or that German Strang I've read about on here.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey gang.
I've had a couple people ask if they could have specific forum members assigned as their giftee. While I'm touched that so many of you want to send me gifts, I am going to suggest that if you have someone on your mind that you'd like to send a Christmas present to... just do that anyway!
I'm going to be assigning Secret Santas by random draw. I'll segregate the group into folks who will ship internationally, and those who won't. Once that's done i'll use a sophisticated logorithm... ok a draw of the hat... to assign who gifts to whom.
This is the easiest, most objective, and easiest way to do this... did I mention easiest?
-- Pat

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
Info submitted, looking forward to this. Thanks for all the work you've done putting this together.
As for what I'd like to try... I'm open to anything, whatever my secret santa thinks I need to try will be fantastic.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Bump to keep this top of mind.
Registration will be open until November 1st.
Thanks,
-- Santa Pat

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I should not think it needs to be an even number. Just to keep it simple, imagine a secret santa with 3 participants. A gives a gift or B who gives a gift to C who gives a gift to A. Everybody gives and receives a gift.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Doesn't it have to be an even number?
This was the case in the old system, where Gunnar paired two people off to gift each other.
Just to keep it simple, imagine a secret santa with 3 participants. A gives a gift or B who gives a gift to C who gives a gift to A.
This is how I'm shaping the assignment of Secret Santas this year.
With the one caveat being that I'm drawing randomly for assignment from two pools:

- Pool A is made up of Santas who are happy to ship internationally which will include all Santas from outside the USA

- Pool B which is made up of Santas who have identified that they will not ship outside the USA
-- Santa Pat

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Ooops! My preferences are:
Virginia Flake in its various forms.

Virginia ribbon cuts, like McCrainie's Red Ribbon
British blends like St. Bruno, Velvan Plug etc.
Mild English or Balkan without a large Latakia presence. Lat bombs need not apply.
Open to new discoveries within these parameters.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
This was the case in the old system, where Gunnar paired two people off to gift each other.

Sorry, didn't read your meandering missive.
I do tend to go on, unnecessarily, don't I?
One might think that it's a function of an idle mind, spending large amounts of time conversing with an infant, or a mundanity that encapsulates my days... And that one would be right, and that's just during the average work day.... I think this at least partially explains my systemic, and increasing, overuse of ellipses. It's not that I like to read my own writing, I rarely go back...
Shit. I really do drone on and on...
Right.
No worries.
-- Santa Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.