PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Greetings and Salutations.
First, thanks to Gunnar who has been the keeper of our Secret Santa for the last few years. Gunnar resigned from this post earlier this year do to something called "marriage" and "life" and "work" and I've volunteered to step into his size thirteens (damn, these are roomy boots). Bear with me, I'm new.
For those of you who are new, the (un)Official Secret Santa 2015 is a gift giving game run by, and supported by, the forum members of PipesMagazine.com/forums and is not in any way affiliated with the ownership, sponsors, or management of pipesmagazine.com. This is strictly a volunteer effort that is successful only because of the members who participate.
So... to the Secret Santa. Like all good things we have a couple of simple rules in play to make sure that no one gets a nose out of joint, a stocking full of coal, or two tins of Mixture 79 (again).
In order to participate in the (un)Official Secret Santa thou shalt:
1) HAVE AT LEAST 75 legit posts by November 1, 2015, or be vouched for by a member who has at least 75 posts. No exceptions.
2) Agree to send a gift of two (2) sealed tobacco tins, pouches, etc. of 50g each (or the equivalent volume of tobacco in sealed condition), incurring costs for the present and shipping.
3) Post to this thread when thou hast shipped your present to your target victim giftee.
4) Post to this thread when thou hath received your present from your Secret Santa.
5) Enjoy what you receive, in the spirit of camaraderie and fellowship that guided its selection for, and gifting to, you. (Seriously? We need a "no complaining" rule?)
6) Post pictures or at least a summary of the goodies you received from your Secret Santa to this thread.
In order to participate in this year's Secret Santa please send an email to "patrickcrussell@yahoo.ca" with the subject line "(un)Official Secret Santa 2015" that includes the following:
Your Pipesmagazine Screen Name

Your Full Name

Your Full Address

Whether You Are Willing To Ship Internationally

Your Word
Registration for this year's Secret Santa will close on Sunday, November 1st. I will send all participants the name and mailing address of their intended target by November 8. I will begin bumping this thread daily starting on October 19, if required, to keep it top of mind for folks, and to encourage participation.
Once you have received the name and coordinates of your giftee, please take a second to look here for their pipe-smoking particulars and then send that present tout de suite so that it arrives before Christmas.
So it's up to you to decide when and where and how to open your present. But once you've received your present, please POST HERE that it has arrived.
FAQ - Answers to Common Questions
Question - Hey Pat! So two tins is the minimum/recommended size of the present. Can I send more than that?

Answer - Hey sure! Signing up for the Secret Santa is a commitment to send a minimum of two (2) tins of 50g each of tobacco. Anything you choose to send above and beyond that is totally up to you. BUT THERE IS NO PRESSURE TO DO SO. Not everyone is able to do more, and that's okay.
Question - Hey Pat! Something unexpected/bad/sad/financially-debilitating just happened and I can't honour my commitment to send out my present to my giftee. What should I do?

Answer - Hey, we totally get that life happens and that sometimes the UNEXPECTED happens prohibiting us from honouring our commitments. IF THIS HAPPENS PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY.
Question - Hey Pat! It's Christmas Day (December 25th) and I have not received my present from my Secret Santa. What should I do?

Answer - If you do not receive your gift by December 25th LET ME KNOW.
Question - Hey Pat! I don't like ENTER TOBACCO TYPE HERE. How do I let my Secret Santa know what my likes and dislikes are?

Answer - I'd use this thread right here to advise folks what your likes and dislikes are. I can't guarantee that they'll be respected, but at least you will have made your desires known. 8)
Merry Ho Ho
-- Santa Pat
PS - Yes, I know that it is only October 5, but if you blink it will be mid November and presents will be flying hither, thither and yon.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I was going to swear this off this year because I never get a member who follows rule #3, #4 and #6 above. Well, damned if I can hold out. In and I like straight VA's.
Scrooge

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Sounds like a fun time. Thanks for taking this on Pat...I'm in. Email to follow.
Open to new tobacco experiences but would prefer not to receive arros. Thanks. :puffy:

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Sounds fun, thanks for coordinating Pruss.
I am in and I prefer plugs and ropes of any type. Tall order but Santa, please bring me Condor for Christmas :) Seriously though, any strong baccy is fine, just no aromatics.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
I'd like to participate but am only 2/3 of the way there in terms of posts. I'll bump my meaningful posting activity and try to get there by Nov 1.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Looking forward to participating this year. Had to skip the past 2 years due to work and such, but I'm ready again I think. My favorites, especially in winter are the stronger english blends, and navy flake. Some ropes like XXX are nice too.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Sounds like fun. Count me in. I usually smoke half aromatic and half natural, VA, vaper etc. No latikia or deer tongue.

kingjon

Can't Leave
Aug 27, 2013
Pat, thanks for taking over. Think I'll give it a go this year. Email to follow. Prefer Va's of every ilk, but do enjoy just about anything.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
e-mail sent. This should be interesting. I'm in. My preference is English/Balkans.

And just to clarify, Puerto Rico has been a US territory since 1898; we've been US citizens since 1917; my mail is delivered by the United States Postal Service; I have a ZIP code; we have USPS Postal Offices. I guess what I'm trying to get at is I'M NOT INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!! Well, unless you ship via FedEx or UPS, in their case I think they consider us international. [*sigh] Sorry, just venting a bit of e-bay related frustration.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I wanna play! I'm fairly open when it comes to tobacco. About the only thing I ask is for some real tobacco flavor, and the stronger (nicotine) the better.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice to see all the interest lads. Thanks for the quick responses.
Registration is open til November 1st, folks, so sign up as it fits.
Happy Tuesday,
-- Pat

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Count me in again. English and Balkan blends. Love belends with perique and latakia too.Already have enough Nightcap but open to any others. :)

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Im in... I skipped the last one a few years ago (before my sabbatical from here) due to financial reasons... but since things are looking a bit better I would like to spread my cheer all over you guys. :P
Im one also to be surprised... its Christmas after all, nothing like opening up a present and being surprised.
EDIT ok... I'm not a fan of Aro's, I've tried many times and just cannot do it... thought Ide throw that out :P

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'm in.

No aro's, please. I like plugs, flakes etc. Or anything that most would look at and say "What the %$#@ is that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.