PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo ml
P&C is unusual that they allow backorders. They only bill you for what is shipped at the time. When subsequent B/Os are shipped, they are each additionally billed. Take a look at Your Account on the P&C website - the codes depicting which items are B/O and their statuses is straightforweard.
hp

les

puffdaddy

Lurker
Nov 15, 2011
I placed an order 5 days ago, still no confirmation of processing or shipment. I'm hearing on other forums and facebook groups that people have ordered as far back as the 19th and still have no action taken on their orders. All I know is this - You've known about your problems for some time, you sent out offers of discounts and specials to get people to order for IPSD but said nothing of the problems and long delays. I could have ordered from someone else and my product would be en route already. This is poor form and bad business. I sure hope you're planning to honor eventual delivery of the product I ordered at the prices you offered if my items are found to be out of stock and backordered. All I can assume at this point is that you've duped us into ordering stuff you don't know you even have with no known time of delivery while never stating so up front. All for international pipe smoking day as a way of saying thank you. I hope everyone remembers this.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I have made many, many orders from P&C, totaling thousands of $. I made an order on the 16th that hasn't been posted yet. I had two accounts compromised by their software problem. (appears to be fixed now) I made nine orders during the ISPD extravaganza that are still being processed.
I'M NOT WORRIED ONE BIT, ABOUT ANYTHING! GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO DO THEIR JOB. :puffy:

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
P&C is unusual that they allow backorders. They only bill you for what is shipped at the time. When subsequent B/Os are shipped, they are each additionally billed. Take a look at Your Account on the P&C website - the codes depicting which items are B/O and their statuses is straightforweard.
I checked my 3 orders. There is one item backordered that cost $1.80.
The 5 charges to my credit card total $113.xx more than the total of my 3 orders.
At this point, I assume they are still dealing with their issues and that this will all work out, but I will be keeping my eye on it.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
P&C's site is still pretending my longstanding account does not exist. Additionally, my PayPal transaction record is showing things I have never before seen on a P&C order. Still, if Mr. Ouellette says P&C will put all orders aright, then I believe they will. I would imagine that P&C will even honor the sale price on any items dropped from an order. Given all the problems, they should be inclined to take customers at their word.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
It happens. I worked for a huge manufacturer years ago. They handled all their own shipping. The higher-ups were sold on a software system by one of the top 3. They ran no tests, were told no need. On July 5 2005 they pulled the plug and put in the new one. It all came crashing down. I'm talking a multi billion dollar company. It almost took the us market down. It did take the president down. Took about 4 months to fix. If you want a company to improve these upgrades are necessary, sometimes they go haywire. P&C needs to look into how similar occurrences were handled by crisis managers. It's a good way to make it waaay right or lose a bunch of customers.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Based solely on the volume of stuff that Mcitinner sells on here alone, I trust what he says when it comes to buying tobacco. Lol.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
My order still says processing but when I clicked on the link it shows that it had shipped yesterday and checking the shipment number it will arrive Saturday.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I have an order on the 12th that still says "processing". This is my first and last order I will ever make with them. I just keep getting excuse emails from them. I'm through with them now.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Not super thrilled with the whole experience of ordering from P&C. I placed an order the week before IPSD and another on IPSD. According to the emails I got both orders are only going out yesterday. I understand the need to upgrade systems but common sense would say that you don't do it near a holiday or event of any kind. And when an issue does arrive you notify people right away not leave them hanging for a week till they call in to find out what's going on. Not sure if I will stay with P&C or try smokingpipes or tobaccopipes instead for my next order.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Well the website is working like it should for me...but it's been a week since my first order. Got an email that said the warehouse is working around the clock...

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
I received a more detailed note from P&C today:
We have recently upgraded our warehouse management system in an effort to make ourselves more efficient and to deliver you a better customer experience. Unfortunately, we discovered a bug in the new software that has caused delays in shipping, but worse, it didn’t provide any insight into your order’s status for us to properly to let you know what was happening.
We have now identified the problem, and orders are now being processed as quickly as possible so we can get your order to you. As frustrating as the problem was for us, we understand how difficult it is to be left in the dark. We are committed to communicating with you by email until your order ships, so please keep an eye out for our messages.
Because of your loyalty to P&C, our volume has grown to the point where the new system is necessary, and in the long run it will be beneficial to us, but more importantly, to you. We thank you for your understanding, and we are doing everything in our power to keep you satisfied.
Eric Vernon, P&C Brand Manager

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I recieved a couple of explanatory emails apologizing. I can access their site and it works fine for me. They upgraded their software and there was obviously a problem. It happens, it has happened to me several times in everyplace I've worked since computers became a mainstay in the workplace. I've had such good experiences with P&C for so long that I can accept this and hope they get it cleared up soon.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I didn't have any problems accessing the site on IPSD, but as of today my IPSD order still shows processing. Not sure why it hasn't processed yet. I'm just hoping nothing pops up backordered at this point, because that would suck. I get that there was a bunch of orders placed, but after 4 days its a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.