PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
All I get when I try to call is a busy signal. I received an email that one of my orders has shipped, but it was not the earliest order placed. Some of my orders have dropped out of my payment methods' activity records. Oh, how I wish the site would remember that I have a years-old account.
Cosmic, I think it might be less frustrating to be unable to see the site at all. I am like a ghost, I can see everything but do nothing.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Sorry Cosmic.
And yes, tops as far as tobacco etailers go, this is a real mess. And I'm on the warpath with building out my cellar in bulk because of the FDA. Bad timing.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Cosmic and dread, I know just what you mean. I am sure P&C want to fix this. The tobacco-buying frenzy being what it is, they must be losing lots of money to other retailers.

1kighr

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
I'm in the same crappy boat as you guys. I have about 5 lbs of tobacco that is in P&C limbo. The two times that I was able to get through on the phone after very long hold times I was given different answers to what is going on with my order. Last week I was told that my order was boxed up and is ready to ship, but everything is still "processing " on the site. Btw, I can not log on to my account from my computer, but I can from my phone. I was really looking forward to the deal on Dunhill tins in March, but I am not placing any orders with them until this is sorted out, and so far I am not impressed with the way it's gone. Once a long time ago there was an item missing from a shipped order, but other than that they were great to buy from. So much for their new system. I usually split my buying about 50/50 between P&C and SPC, but it looks like that ratio is going to change. Oh well. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

Good luck y'all.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
The latest I heard from Pipes and Cigars was that the shop found a bug in the software during the upgrading of the warehouse management system. The bug has been identified and squashed. So, things should be getting back to normal soon, hopefully.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
While I understand the frustration, P and C has been in business a long time. They're a mainstay for consumers here. Unless you're out of tobacco, I don't understand the hostility. The team, I am sure, will make it right.
While not the best thing that could happen, many businesses experience issues such as these. Maybe I am the only one who orders other things online, but delays are sometimes inevitable.
I hope everyone gets what they ordered and everything goes back to normal.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
murica, Speaking only for myself, this thread is more a support group and information source than a mob boiling tar and gathering feathers. Unfortunately, "crowdsourcing" is at this time our best source of information about what is happening over at P&C.

Yeh, it does help me to know that others still can't see the website also. I would assume that there was a problem with my computer, if not.

Plus, it has been almost two weeks. I have a budget to meet. When money goes unspent in it's category, I tend to spend it on useless crap... like dinner with the wife and stuff like that.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I am in just the opposite predicament. I have tried and tried to CANCEL my order, having come to my senses and admitted that I have more tobacco than I will ever live to smoke. No response to the cancel request, although a very helpful customer rep said she would keep a lookout for my order and cancel it if it appears in the system. Maybe it will never show up! :?

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Frustration: yes. Sympathy: yes. Hostility: no. I get that shit happens, and I am sure that the ship will right itself. But right now this seems like the best place to get info on this situation. I have a lot of respect for Russ and Dan, et al, and I am sure they are doing all they can. But in the meantime, here we are.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Yep, no hostility at all. I have been in the situation where the computer takes you down and it sucks. It is part of modern life, just like storms and other disruptions. I am a big fan of P&C and am hoping things get back in order soon because I have a cellar to stock and they are one of my main sources.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
My order of War Horse types with the free shipping, from the International Pipe Day/weekend (19 Feb) -- shipped 27 Feb. According to tracking, it arrived at my local post office today for delivery tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.