PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
As for the March Dunhill Promotion, the code was not working early this morning so I called them to report it.

The code is now up and running and I successfully placed an order for a slug of tins. I even got to login to my account although the order status reports are still a bit messed up. Baby steps :)

papapauly

Lurker
Jan 2, 2017
I figure I will toss my hat in here and vent a bit, I had two orders one from the 17th and one from the 20th. Between the two I am missing 7 tins (though it seems I paid for them anyway) and im missing the free coffee for I.p.s.d. I have zero info about a backorder on the tins and browsing the site they are not listed as out of stock.....If I ever get this messsorted out I think smoking pipes.com and I will become new friends, p&c has just about messed this one up too far for me to go back. I am a patient person and I try to keep my cool when issues like this come up, but when all I get are copy and paste emails telling me they are working on it I really don't have much sympathy nor desire to risk ordering again

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
I deleted the individual cookies for P&C, restarted Safari, and I still can't sign in.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
I think I want my free coffee more than I want the missing tobacco that I haven't been charged for yet.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
^^^true that

Man a bunch of first world problems here. if my order gets here next March I could care less. It ages in UPS trucks right? The only thing I was worried about is how PC was going to handle the end of the world. You kind of have to over correct to satisfy perceived wrongs these days. On that scale I'd give them a C

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
20170301_190045_zpsqhd6mjby.jpg

Yay! My 7 tins and accessories order arrived! Oh... wait...

I called P&C and they informed me that the rest of my items were Backordered. I told the nice lady who assisted me that they weren't Backordered when I placed the order. She told me that the site wasn't working properly and that as soon as the items were available, they would ship. She couldn't give me a time estimate. P&C charged me for the whole order but only shipped 2 items. I forgot to ask her this, but don't they normally wait to charge for a B/O item until it becomes available and ships?

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
My main issue with the current situation is not a lack of communication, but no communication period. I have sent multiple online messages....nothing. I have called...can't get through. I have called and left a message....no reply. I get the problems. I get the fact that there are worse things in life. However, I don't even know if they actually got my order. That is my concern. All businesses have issues, but customers build the business. I think most customers of P&C are patient and understanding. However, when you start giving false updates and timelines, or you don't communicate at all, that's when a business gets in trouble with their customers. Be real with me and I am good, ignore me and that's when I start to get bent out of shape. Just my 2 cents.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
I tried for three days to order and tried once they extended the sale and it would never take my order. So I'm not waiting on an order which is just as bad as waiting on one. If your order got in your lucky. I had quite a cart built so this was forced patience for me.

papapauly

Lurker
Jan 2, 2017
@scrumpyjack that is where I'm at too, I understand there can be problems but when they accept my order, then charge me for it but don't communicate as to why over half of it is missing that is where I get irritated. Right now I have no idea when the seven tins will ship or if they will refund me. All I know is I'm out about sixty bucks at the moment

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
FYI. I sent them a private message on Facebook and they answered it. I asked to cancel my order for the reasons stated above. They informed me that they put the cancelation request in and would update me with a confirmation when it went through. I will be watching my account closely as they seem to still be having difficulty with over charges. This seems to be the only reliable way that I have found up to this point to communicate with them. Will I buy from them again? Maybe, but not until these issues are resolved. Until then I will go back to my old faithful, Smoking Pipes.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
I forgot to ask her this, but don't they normally wait to charge for a B/O item until it becomes available and ships?
Edwin, that is correct. AFAIK, their policy has always been to charge you only at the time that they ship the item.

I currently have a pending order of backordered PS tobacco that I ordered during their PS sales a while ago. It's a good policy as it holds the tobacco at the sale price at the time of order, and they only charge when it actually comes back in and they ship. Yo can always cancel it if you get tired of waiting or find another source to go with.

I would say that charging you now for tobacco that is on back order is not what their long standing policy has been.

This is not encouraging.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
19th Feb order still has not shipped.

It'll probably take a month to arrive to my place.

And there has not been a decent response from customer service, aside of the spam I got in mail.
They are have gone from courteous to downright unreasonable. Did they send customer support on a vacation?

Loomungus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
I still can't log in to their site. From a variety of machines, browsers and with no cookies. I had a pretty large wish list and cart. No answer to emails. I could call and place an order that way, but will not because of all the current backlog and confusion. That also doesn't help with the wishlist/cart issue unless they can recover that info. So, other places are getting my business now.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
The only way I can log on is through my iPhone. Regular desktop just keeps bouncing me back to the log on page. When I look at my account orders on my phone, they have been static since last week. Everything is still "pending". I was looking forward to some Dunhill tins this from them this month, but I am afraid to use their site or compound my already frustrated orders. Has anyone had success placing new orders with them in the last few days? I know that those Dunhill tin sales generate a lot of business for them.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
According to some reddit users, some people received gift codes as a compensation for the delay.

That would make up for the trouble, although I wonder if one has to pester them for it or will they send it on their own accord.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
I received one, unsolicited, before Feb. 20. The only thing I had at the time was a B/O on PS tobacco that I had bought during their earlier PS sale. I thought, "what ever," I'll take it, even though at the time I had no issue with them as the PS was already on B/O from the PS sale. I applied it to my IPSD order which fell into their now infamous black hole. The system applied the $20 apology voucher, but both orders are still in "processing" (what ever that means): the PS order for what seems like a legit B/O, and the IPSD order for what seems like their China Syndrome horror show, ad infinitum.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Pretty sad that people who ordered after I did are receiving multiple packages. I ordered on the 16th of February and order is still processing. I sent an email inquiry 8 days ago and have heard nothing.
SmokingPipes, here I come.

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
My order was a week before IPSD, still nada. Charged my card wrong but I get the emails.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Bloody typical is this. My first ever order (12 tins) from an American supplier (granted, with a forum member acting as proxy) and all this rubbish happens.
From what I have read I would have thought that at a period of increased sales (IPSD etc) it would not be a good idea to try out new sales software. Couldn't they have waited for a slack period to do that?
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.